Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As some of you probably know I had Feodore Neutered at Manchester Dogs Home last friday, so I decided to get Eva Microchipped while I was there.

The vet took Eva away to implant the chip then the nurse called me in to pick up Feodore and explain his aftercare, then when I came back into reception expecting to give Eva's details to be registered to her chip the woman asked me for Eva's date of birth- so I told her (expecting this was the first off the many questions she was supposed to ask) then she said- right thats done, and did what ever it is that completes the registering process on the computer.

I was like -"Iv'e not given you any of my details!!" she said oh I got it off the computer from when you rang up to book your other dog in for the neuter" I told her that I wasn't happy with that as all they only had inadequate details and she just said - oh you contact the microchip comany to change it. I wan't happy because I didn't knowe what information was on there and she had entered details I didn't want without my consent. Now the microchip comapny have sent me the details she put in and they are all bloody wrong and all the contact details are innsufiicient!

I would never have consented to her putting my mobile number from the dogs home's system onto the microchip data where my home number should be- its stupid and irresponsible as Its a 12 month contract and the number will soon be uncontactable. She has listed my mobile as my home phone which is wrong, she has not allowed me to enter my home phone whichi I believ is vital, she has not allowed me to register my email adress or my dad's mobile- which is the only way we could be contacted anywhere in the world- i.e if she was to get lost while we were on holiday and she was being looked after.

She has listed the colour wrong, as "tan" when she is red and white, and not that this is important as it is obvious she is a dog- but she has put the species as "other" instead of "dog" which I think just smacks of bloody laziness".

She has entered my name worng from her records and named me as "Ms Holly Craven" I am not a MS and the name "Holly" is not my name - it's Hollie". This makes me the most uneasy, as her KC reg papers are not registered to me and the person I bought her from will nto allow me to change them, and now her microchip has the wrong owner name, so if a problem ever arose and I had to prove she was mine, I can't even prove the name on the microchip is mine, as it doesn't match any of my ID.

To change the details costs £18 (because nearly all the details are wrong). The wonman who decided to register the details in my absence without asking me said "well you just have to change them with the microchip company. I only got her chipped at the dogs home instead of my normal vet because it is cheaper and I have no money at the moment as I am inbetween jobs and I am struggling to get a new job. It may have been cheaper but I expected it to be done correctly, it would only have taken like an extra minute and it's not even like there was an excuse, there was no-one else waiting to be seen.

What should I do now? Should I make a complaint and try and get them to pay for the details to be corrected? The neutering and microchipping service is run as a paying customer business, but the dog's home on a whole is charity, is it morally wrong? I just feel like something has to be done, If the woman who is registering the details is unprepared to do her job completely and correctly she should not be doing it.

sorry for the massive rant people ....I'm just at my witts end :(

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I would call them and ask to speak to the manager or who ever is in charge and put in a formal complaint and let them know that you even tried to question the lady and she was lazy and blew you off. I would tell them your dilemma and ask them if they could take responsibility of paying for the errors to be corrected. The most they can do is tell you no and the girl will hopefully be reprimanded.

I know how you feel as most of the things I try to have done thoroughly is always messed up. That is one of the reasons I ask 100 or more questions these days and still someone seems to screw things up?? You are right it is laziness and people just not caring about doing their jobs correctly anymore :-(

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I agree with the above. Call and talk to the manager and see what they suggest you do. I would put it on them. Explain the situation and say, "So, what do you recommend?"
I'm sorry that happened. Why don't people listen? So much easier to do it right the first time around.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Omg...that's just ridiculous!!! The company my vet uses is great. The owner goes onto their site and enters all the info yourself. You can change it whenever there is a need.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I agree that is ridiculous and you need to complain!!!

Omg...that's just ridiculous!!! The company my vet uses is great. The owner goes onto their site and enters all the info yourself. You can change it whenever there is a need.
This is what the company I use does as well. I can change info online as I need to.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The company that makes the chip is AVID. You can change the owner details for £12 and it's £6 to change the contact details- both of which need changing, or you can get "pettrack plus" option where you can change the owner details as smany times as you want for £17. I only want to change it once so it is right, but this is the cheapest option. I never had this problem when I got Feo chipped as the receptionist at the vet I went to actually did the job properly, and it took all of 2 minutes.

I want to ring up but I know that the person who will pick up the phone is the person who's fault it is, I am going to wait till next week when my dad gets back from the states as I am very nervous on the phone and usually just end up getting fobbed off :(

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
That is unbelievable! Why wouldnt she confirm all the details with you before submitting them?! You absolutely need to call and complain, and ask to have a refund of the amount you had to pay to fix her careless work. It will be nice to be able to change/add details later though, when you get a new cell or move or whatever.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi that is totally unacceptable and something needs to be done think of all the buisness transactions paperwork thats important to each patient and who knows how its being recorded id be upset too

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
That is just wrong, they should fix it or pay to have it fixed. They messed it up. Let us know when your Dad gets back if you got it all correct.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts