Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here I'll start... This one is to die for....

I will tell you that you better watch out you will never go back to a box mix again tho...

It is really easy to make and it turns out perfect everytime.. The first time I had them is when I was at my aunts house and my cousin from Tennesse was there and she made them.. man I had to have the recipe... I came home and made them and that was it.. I have never bought a mix since and that was over 2 years ago...

Brownie pie

4tblsp cocoa (baking powder)
4tblsp flour
1cup sugar
1 stick melted butter
2 eggs unbeaten
1/8 tspn salt
1 tspn vanilla

optional

vanilla ice cream
chocolate syrup

combine coca, flour, sugar add melted butter, eggs, salt, and vanilla
mix well with fork
Bake @ 350 degrees for 25 minutes
pie will firm as it cools... (it will be a little cooey when right out of oven)
don't do what I did and over cook it because you think it isn't done... hehehehhe

Top with ice cream and chocolate syrup and enjoy....

I have never added nuts but I guess you could...

hope you enjoy this....

it is so easy Amanda makes them all the time...

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Ingredients

2 20oz cans crushed pineapple
2/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
2 eggs lightly beaten
1/4 cup arange juice
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 17 oz cans fruit cocktail in heavy syrup (drained)
2 11 oz cans mandarine oranges (drained)
2 bananas sliced
1 cup heavy cream (whipped)
Procedure

Drain pineapple reserving 1 cup juice in a small saucepan (set pineapple aside) add to reserved juice sugar, flour, eggs, orange juice lemon juice and oil. bring to a boil stirring constantly, boil for one minute remove from heat and let cool. in a salad bowl combine pineapple fruit cocktail oranges and banana. whip your heavy cream until thick then fold into salad bowl with fruit, then fold in your cooled sauce. chill for several hours before serving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ingredients

PMS Bars Ingredients: * 1 layer of saltine crackers * 12 oz. chocolate chips (check ing., some semi-sweet chips are vegan) * 2 sticks margarine (I use Earth Balance) * 1 cup brown sugar * 1 cup nuts, chopped fine Directions:
Procedure

1. cover cookie sheet with foil 2. Layer crackers on pan touching 3. Meanwhile, melt margarine and brown sugar, stirring constantly until it comes to a boil; boil 3 min. Then pour over crackers 4. Bake 400 degrees 5-7 min until golden brown 5. Let bubbles disappear, fix crackers if moved. 6. Pour chocolate chips on top-put it in the oven for a few seconds or until chips are melted; spread with knife. 7. Sprinkle with nuts 8. Put in fridge, crack next day These are absolutely delish!I was a little hesitant to make this recipe at first because adding crackers sound funny, but it turned out to be one of my favorite recipes.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Thanks for the recipes ladies...my kids are on vacation from school this week so I will make them..they sound wonderful!!! :D

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
could you send me one by mail :D

i tried to make brownies and pies in the past .....but everything i put in the oven ....somehow doesn't come out like it should be :roll: haha

kisses nat

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Dori...
Last night after workI went out and bought the ingredients for the brownie pie and made it for desert....all I can say is OH MY GOODNESS!!! :D :D :D

I served it warm with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce (I had to have a tiny piece to try.. :) ) and my husband and kids ate the whole thing!! :lol:
I have been asked to make another one tonight....what have you done???? :lol:

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Gadget's Mom said:
4tblsp cocoa (baking powder)
:scratch: gotta question...does that mean cocoa flavoured baking powder? or just cocoa, or we can sub the cocoa for baking powder...sorry.. :D new at this and I don't wanna end up with a blob of flour in the oven..lol :D

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
chicken dish

i used the hershey's cocoa powder that says on the can "great for baking"

now lets get some more recipes in here! it doesn't have to be dessert, it could be whatever you think tastes great!

yummy chicken thing (lol that is what we call this cause we have no name for it lol!)

pack of chicken breasts
small pack of shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
1 large can of cream of mushroom soup
rice

put chicken, cheese and soup into a casserole dish bake on 350 until done (ovens vary and my oven takes forever so i can't tell you for how long, i just use a thermomenter and cook it until it reaches chicken temp.) when the chicken is almost done start making some plain rice (or you can use couscous or angel hair pasta instead of the rice)

serve the chicken with the sauce over rice......

that is the original recipe i have and i have had to adjust it to fit feeding a family of eaters lol. everyone loves it including my 5 year old daughter who is as picky as chiwi lol!

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
White chocolate, macadamia nut, chocolate chip brownies:

8 ounces (1 stick) of unsalted butter
6 ounces white chocolate
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
3-4 ounces chopped, lightly toasted macadamia nuts (optional)
2-3 ounces of chocolate chips (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 325F. Lightly grease an 11" X 7" baking pan with butter or vegetable oil.
2. Melt the butter in a heatproof bowl placed over a pan of simmering water. When the butter has melted, add the white chocolate and allow it to melt. Set the bowl aside.
3. Beat the eggs and salt in a medium-sized mixing bowl until frothy, about 30 seconds. Gradually add the sugar and continue beating until the eggs are thick and pale, about 1 ½ minutes.
4. Add the chocolate/butter mixture and the vanilla and mix until blended, about 5 seconds. Scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula.
5. Mix in the flour gradually, scraping the bowl occasionally. At this point, you can mix in the chocolate chips and toasted macadamia nuts. The original recipe doesn't call for either of these ingredients but I've never actually made these brownies without them.
7. Bake on center rack of oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Allow brownies to cool on a rack for 1 hour before cutting.

I think these taste best the next day after being chilled in the fridge overnight. They get so buttery and chewy, just the way I like my brownies. :)

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Camilla, I know what you mean they are totally addictive!

I love white chocolate... I will have to try those brownies..

And the chicken thing sounds wonderful...

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Rachael Polachek said:
White chocolate, macadamia nut, chocolate chip brownies:

8 ounces (1 stick) of unsalted butter
6 ounces white chocolate
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
3-4 ounces chopped, lightly toasted macadamia nuts (optional)
2-3 ounces of chocolate chips (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 325F. Lightly grease an 11" X 7" baking pan with butter or vegetable oil.
2. Melt the butter in a heatproof bowl placed over a pan of simmering water. When the butter has melted, add the white chocolate and allow it to melt. Set the bowl aside.
3. Beat the eggs and salt in a medium-sized mixing bowl until frothy, about 30 seconds. Gradually add the sugar and continue beating until the eggs are thick and pale, about 1 ½ minutes.
4. Add the chocolate/butter mixture and the vanilla and mix until blended, about 5 seconds. Scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula.
5. Mix in the flour gradually, scraping the bowl occasionally. At this point, you can mix in the chocolate chips and toasted macadamia nuts. The original recipe doesn't call for either of these ingredients but I've never actually made these brownies without them.
7. Bake on center rack of oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Allow brownies to cool on a rack for 1 hour before cutting.

I think these taste best the next day after being chilled in the fridge overnight. They get so buttery and chewy, just the way I like my brownies. :)
Oh Rachel you've done it now. I love anything with white chocolate and macadamia nuts. Guess what's on my list to make this weekend, LOL.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
O.K. - here's a good one - & easy to make.

Caramel Pecan Bars

1 roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough (18 oz.)
3/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup chopped pecans (walnuts are also good)
1 cup angel flake coconut
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Spray 9x13 pan. Press sugar cookie dough evenly into pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with pecans, coconut and chocolate chips. Mix caramel topping and 2 tbl. flour and drizzle over top. Return to oven and bake at 350 degrees about 15 minutes or till bubbly on top. Cool and cut into squares.

These are yummy!

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I swear. This thread is geting me into trouble.....

I am going to try the chicken thing tomorrow... I have to make Mark meat loaf because he doesn't like chicken but I love it... hehehehheeh so he will get what he likes and I will get what I like....

We do that alot..

And Saturday the white chocolate mac nuts will be on my shopping list.....

gotta try that....

Somebody needs to sticky this thread so we don't lose it.... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE with lots of nummy recipes on it.... :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
i made those macadamia brownie thingies.............

:shock: oh

:shock: my

:shock: gosh

it is perfect for when you want that extra something, like you want brownies but mroe than brownies........

so tastey!

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
luvmypuppet said:

it is perfect for when you want that extra something, like you want brownies but mroe than brownies........

so tastey!
You made them already??? Woo woo!!! Was I lying? They're so good they should be illegal. :lol:

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Rachael Polachek said:
luvmypuppet said:

so tastey!
You made them already??? Woo woo!!! Was I lying? They're so good they should be illegal. :lol:
oh yeah, i made them hours after you posted lol!!! i don't know whats come over me lately, it's not "that time" and i KNOW i'm not pregnant but i am sweet happy!

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Luv, That is ok.. Amanda is making fudge pie tonight...

nummy nummy nummy

I didn't make the chicken thing tonight... I was out in the yard working and I ended up forgetting about the time and then it was too lae.... but I am having it tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I will....

I'm worried about Mark.. He said he would eat it.. He doesn't like chicken...

Will let you know what he thinks...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts