Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Sunday we had lunch at Ash's parents and Seiah was running around in the grass with Bubbles (Ash's sisters dog). They were running and playing for a good two hours. Later on that night I went to hold him and held him on his back. That's when I noticed all these red bumps and pimples. They are starting to go away slowly but surely. But I can't figure out if it was due to the grass or the shampoo we washed him with (we gave him a bath at their house and Bubbles uses a different shampoo). Has this happened to anyone else? And if it is the grass does this mean he's allergic and can't play in it anymore? That would be so sad as he loves the grass so much.

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
I dont think it would be the grass - if the grass was fairly long and cam up to his belly it could of irratated the skin by been in contact with it all the time, you would just have to make sure it is kept short, on the other hand it could be the shampoo but unless you use a sensitive shampoo I doubt that as all shampoos for dogs are roughly made up of the same thing , unless this one was heavely perfumed ?

:wave:

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
it could be the grass and it could be the shampoo :dontknow:
be sure to keep a close eye next time !!

paris is allergic to shampoo too (normal) and she didn't get pimples but she was scratching like crazy :shock:

kisses nat

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well Seiah and Bubbles were rolling in the grass a lot, so he did have a lot of contact with it. And the shampoo was pretty heavly scented, seemed like it was more for smell than anything else. Yea so I won't be using their shampoo again. But as far as the grass I hope it's not that, but I'm not sure. So should I let him play in the grass again and see if the same thing happens? Would that be wrong?

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
when my pit was a puppy he was playing with another dog like that and they both came out with what you are describing, the vet said it was from each other.

is he on revolution or anything?

the only way to rule certain allergies out is when he is all cleared up let him play in the grass again. if it doesn't happen then, it wasn't the grass. what shampoo was it? that is very likely since it's not what you use on him. also could they ahve sprayed soemthing in the yard maybe?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanx ladies, I'll test him on the grass again. But in response to luvmypuppet...Seiah is currently on Revolution, as well is Bubbles. :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi - Reba came up with similar bumps - almost like a little case of hives. It was after a particularly energetic day outside alot - and we have alot of pine needles, etc. in our yard. Her favorite thing she learned from our Jack Russell is to grab a pine cone and pack it around while you're outside - great to play fetch with. Anyway, a light bath - a little aloe vera gel - she's fine. If I had been more concerned, I would have tried the Benedryl liquid we give our JRT, who has some demodex allergic problems. They're built so close to the ground, I think it can make alot of things suspect.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello I heard A thing about over booster shots for these small dogs like parvo,rabbi,ext,, should be giving every other year that it will cause server rashes and very sick sometimes

1 - 12 of 12 Posts