Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that when Jake has a poop red will sniff it as it is coming out.. sorry its the only way I could think to describle Red's disgusting habit..

BUT... that's not the end of it... Red will eat Jakes poo especially if its got bits of carrot in it...

Urgh that is so vile.

So today I caught Red in action, told him "No" took him upsstairs and washed his head, mouth, gums and teeth...

Now I am gonna have to watch Red like a hawk as he also has a habit of trying to give ya kisses.. Jake poo and kisses don't appeal to me...

Ohh Red... really.....

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Bahahaha dogs are gross

Poop eating can mean a potassium deficiency or depending on what their fed it comes out smelling like the food so they re eat it!!

Lotus spent the first week trying to eat huge turds in the park I was going nuts sea not done it since tha k god

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I have to watch Godric like a hawk because Gretel is usually right behind him doing the same thing. SO, GROSS. She wont eat her own if we go outside, but if she does have an accident in the house she will. So weird, dogs are silly.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jake would sniff poo int he park and I shout "NO, LEAVE IT" and he would but I was not always quick enough and would see him chewing yuck... as soon as I said Leave it he would spit it out..

Now he eats horse poo lol

Red is on Royal Canin but will move onto Acana when it runs out which won't be long.

Dogs are gross.....

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Red, that IS disgusting. You and Butter have something in common though.
There have been times when I've seen Britney pooing and once she leaves the area, Butter will go, sniff the poop, look at Britney to make sure she isn't looking, and open her mouth ready to eat!! YUCK!!! I have to really watch her because she will eat the entire "pile" if I dont say something..

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Deme you can give them each a squirt or two of pineapple juice concentrate with each meal or with a syringe down their throat like a med, it will make the poos totally unappetizing...they come out "foul" to the dog like it should. Since Red shows interest in Jake's poo, you want to give it to Jake, too. I don't know what it is with these little Terd heads...on more than one occasion I've found Bryco sussing out poop too. GROSS!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Sebastian used to eat Zoey's poop as it was coming out! EWWW Gross! I tried everything and the only thing that helped was using a little Meat Tenderizer (the one with Bromelain in it) on his food. That helps with digestion and also helps make the poop taste bitter and nasty afterwards. Zoey was eating hers when she was a puppy I stopped her with using a little crushed pineapple on her food. Sebastian wouldn't eat the pineapple so that's why I had to use the meat tenderizer.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
we have some dirty boys and girls lol. tulula used to do this when we take her out also would smear herself in it how gross, she still does this we watch her like a hawk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts