Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are only a few stores near me that sell them and they only have BIG sizes, so I think I am going to have to order one online.
Aj has a harness but I need one for Bijou, will he wear an xs? or does he need smaller?

Also there are a few different styles right? over the head and then step in, which is better and why?

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
I would get the step in XS. But it only comes in the mesh style. That should fit him fine. It will fit 2.5 to 3.5 lbs. 10 to 11" chest. No bigger than an 11" chest. The overhead XS will be too big for him. Either that or you could get the Pinkaholic in a size small. They run really teensy. The XS has a 8" chest, so I'm guessing the Small would have a 9 to 10" chest. His chest is 10", right? If it is still that, the above should work fine.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
My pups always started fitting into the XS over the head at 3lbs. (seemed the standard weight for them all) It was obviously a bit on the baggy side at 3lbs but they could still wear it okay.... But I agree...the step in may be a better bet since they run a bit on the smaller side. :)

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not even sure of his measurements anymore I need to check that actually. :lol:
I remember reading certain kinds fit differently and rather than just take a shot in the dark I hopefully just want to get the right size and be over it.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
The XS step in will def. fit him, then. It fits Gia really nice, and she has a 10" chest. He is old enough now that he probably won't outgrow it, either. I wouldn't try the overhead XS, though. It is too big for Lexie & Gia, but fits Chance, so it will be too big for Bijou.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright! sounds good.
Now where is a good place to order these online?
Best prices? and shipping to Canada! :lol:

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
The size small pinkaholic is the size Oakley and Bryco wear. They wear an XS over the head puppia, and they are both a bit smalll for the step in size Small, but the XS really is too snug. The XS step in stopped fitting Bryco at 2.5 lbs, and he does not have a big chest, he is close to 4 lbs now and has a 10" chest. But the XS step in is far too snug. Sure, it closes, but it makes it so he can't breathe, too :p LOL. The XS non-lined pinkaholics still fit Oakley and Bryco, but I prefer MORE velcro than less lol, so they wear the smalls. :)

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oy the confusion! :lol:

I just don't want to end up with something too big. He is a PITA to buy clothes for, unless I buy off e-bay or what have you.
I like to shop locally but it's hard.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I would go with a pinkaholic, they're more adjustable and fit better. I do think he'll still be borderline there, BUT my guess is a small would be the way to go for Bijou. We just got Bryco the blue camo one and its soooo cute. Bryco is about 3/4 lb bigger than Bijou and a similar build I think, low to the ground, and compact. The step ins just DONT have a lot of adjustability. In my experience, they don't fit any chest over 9" comfortably, but thats just my experience.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Here is how the XS step in Puppia fits for us.

Lexie, 11" chest. It fits perfect. No room to grow, but not to snug.

It is WAY too big for Jade with an 8" chest.

I think it fits Gia with a 10" chest just the exact way you would want it for a pup that could be growing some. She is sleeping, so no pics of her in it, but you get the idea from the diff. chest sizes above.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Maybe I just got a dunce puppia then lol, but Oakley has an 11" chest at the widest part, and it the velcro just barely touches. How weird.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
where did you finnd them here? I have only seen them at home sense but they only ever have LARGE which is way too big even for my giants lol

ps I just measured Ninja for the first time in a year ++++ and I made him out to be way bigger than he actually is hahaha

he's 10 inch neck, 13.5 chest and 12 length and 8 height!

Baby is 10 inch neck, 13 chest, 11 length and 8 height!

they're pretty well the same size Ninja is just 2.6 lbs heavier!

Guess I have standard chi sizes afterall :hello1::hello1::hello1:

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Nah, I'm sure the one you got was fine. The Small lined Puppia's are huge on Lexie & Gia. They can walk out of those. Maybe I'm just measuring their chest too loose or something. Could be Lexie's is 10.5 inches instead of 11. But anyway, the XS step in fits her well.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Another angle for ya. Anyway, hope this helps you in your choice.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts