Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past 3-4 weeks Zoey has absolutely been refusing to eat organs. I have tried searing them, feeding frozen, feeding 1/2 frozen etc. The only way I get her to eat about 1/10th of them is to dice into pin point size pieces and hand thfeed, she still spits 1/2 of it out. Tonight I even tried mixing them in with the canned tripe, she ate all the tripe stuff and left the organs after she licked them clean! GRRRRRR Any suggestions? I will stuff them down her throat if I have to as I know she needs her organs, but she's being a pill about them. She's eating Calve Liver & Beef Kidneys as her organs, and she normally just loves them.

I am going to try some Chicken Livers tomorrow to see if she'll eat those.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Brody likes his organs lightly seared on the BBQ grill with a touch of butter and a light sprinkle of parmesan. Yeah, he's spoiled. ;)

Does she like ground beef? Try liquifying the organs through a blender so they are a gravy and then mix in with hamburger and make little organ slurry meatballs.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ooh, thanks for the suggestions, I will give them a try, yes she likes Ground beef. It's just frustrating as she was eating them so well...apparently stuffing isn't going to be an option, I tried...even if I stuffed all the way in the back of her throat to where you couldn't see it anymore she hacked it up...the little stink!

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Brody likes his organs lightly seared on the BBQ grill with a touch of butter and a light sprinkle of parmesan. Yeah, he's spoiled. ;)

Does she like ground beef? Try liquifying the organs through a blender so they are a gravy and then mix in with hamburger and make little organ slurry meatballs.
Tracy i thought this was a joke at first. Then i kept reading. :laughing8: that is too cute! ;) Brody is one lucky fella!!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts

OMG Tracy, I'm telling ;) hahahahahaha. JK, but that is good to know. Mine turned their noses up at my first attempt w/ organ with them. So I made peanut butter gravy (peanut butter/gravy/water) and dipped the organs in that, and THEN they ate them. Even Laurel wouldn't, which NEVER happens.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Mine love organs they love all food seriously they've never refused a meal other than whendaisy was sick... I think they are greedy

Anyway if it gets real bad the ziwi peak liver treats are good :)

What about steak and kidney (pie hahaah) add some gravy away she goes

I can't believe how easy mine are

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Yeah, I'm serious when I say that Brody is spoiled. I should just force him to eat his organs plain but he does so good with everything else that I let him have that little indulgence. ha ha. I do organs as a meal on the weekends. ;)

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Yeah, the ZiwiPeak liver treats are great. And that's another reason why I love the grinds from hare-today...no worries about organ. It's all in the mix! We got some organ grinds from hare-today & the pups really don't mind them but I'd also try grinding them up & mixing them in with some ground beef, chicken or turkey so she can't pick around the organ. What a stinker she is!!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stubborn is right! OMG she's going to be the death of me, she takes about 5 pills every morning, normally putting them in liverwurst isn't a problem and she inhales them, or ground beef, nope, nada, this morning she's refusing both, so I had to stuff, so she works the stuff off of them and one of her pills is really bitter and so she's choking/foaming at the mouth cause she tasted it cause she got all the stuff off around it. LOL, she's so STUBBORN some days.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Aw common' Zoey! Stop being so stubborn for mum! Funny how they have good days & bad days as far as stubborness goes. Since Mari threw up her pork yesterday (first time ever--not sure what was up) this morning I mixed .5oz of pork with turkey & she gobbled up the turkey & just sniffed the pork for a minute. I thought for sure she was going to walk away but she finally did eat it. Crazy Chi's!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok so little miss stubborn butt, refused the liver seared (tried the butter/parmasan trick), so I had to cook it all the way then hand feed it to her like it was a treat (in which case she totally inhaled it), however now she won't eat her chicken/boney piece so I'm sure she's going to have rocket butt because all she will eat for dinner is the liver. ARGH! Anyone want a stubborn chihuahua? She's gonna give me gray hairs!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Spoilt? NEVER! haha

Thats so adorable

1 - 14 of 14 Posts