Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The owners of my chi's parents never registered them, basically because they didn't feel they would breed them. They did, and I'm wondering if there is anyway to get puppies registered if the parents weren't. Are there tests that can be done? I know absolutely nothing about breeding or showing at this point, and I want to learn.

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
151 Posts
If you are talking about AKC, if the parents weren't ever registered and the litter wasn't registered then you can't register your dog.

Call AKC and ask them..the number should be on the paperwork you got from the breeder. I am assuming you are talking about AKC

You can register your dog whenever you want with AKC but the fee will be higher and you will have to submit a letter stating why you waited to to do it.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
CKC will let you register the dog. You have to send photos and 2 "eyewitness" accounts where they agree the dog is purebred.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all so much. This has been very helpful. At this point if I want to get my puppy AKC registered I guess I need to contact the breeder. I may look into CKC also.

I've only been in this community for about a day and already I've learned so muc! Thanks again! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts