Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in the past two years I've had two relationships end due to compatibility issues (one lasted 5 years and was a messy break-up, the most recent one, which just ended mutually, lasted 6 months). Teddy is 2 years old now and he's the only dog I have, and now that I'm single again I actually feel like getting another dog.. lol.

I was curious if anyone else has ever used a break-up as an excuse to get another dog! There's this one on CraigsList (of all places).. He's a long-haired black and tan, just a doll. Here's the ad and a picture:

Free to good home, long hair Chihuahua. His name is Jackson. I originally rescued him when left abandoned on the side of the road. He has been neutered and up to date on all shots. He is housebroken and a very calm dog. He loves company and gets along with both dogs and cats. He loves going on walks and often will walk with you without a leash. His interaction with children has been limited but he is good with almost everyone.
I unfortunately can't keep him due to a terribly busy work schedule. I don't have the time that Jackson deserves. I would like to find a nice family to love him and keep him company.

Please email me if you are interested. Thank you.

What do you guys think? :confused: I don't know how big he is or how old he is, though. After the first ex took our Jack Russell with him, there's been kind of a hole in my heart waiting to be filled by a dog.

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
I would also say go for it. Or at least go see him. I have gotten a few of mine off craigslist, I've never been disapointed in them. And, by the way, he's beautiful.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi he is so well marked with a beautiful coat i think your chih would end up loveing a friend and youd get alot of fun and joy watching them play and most importantley youd save little jackson from being dumped over and over again good luck on your decision please keep us posted thanks

·
Registered
236 Posts
I can't think of a better reason to get another chi! Pets are such great therapy. My husband is working away from home at the moment & I love our Pups curling up with me at night to keep me company once the kids are all in bed.

That little man is adorable too, there is no way I could resist.

Good luck whatever you decide & sorry to hear about the break-up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any Excuse is a Good Excuse to get a Second, Third or Fourth Chihuahua :hello1:

Go Get that Handsome little Devil! :)

My Husband works crazy hours. I was the one that wanted a furry companion. He really had no say in the matter.:lol:

Teddy would enjoy the company and so would you!

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
He's lovely. Have you decided or been in contact with the person that has him?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ahhh, I'm just so nervous. I've been in and out of the doctor for appointments for a few years. Occasionally I'm in a lot of pain and I'm sort of confined to my bed (even though I'm 22). But the thing that gets me up and moving again is knowing that Teddy relies on me to go out. Luckily he has a litterbox for absolute emergencies though.

My family is great about watching Teddy if I need to leave for any real length of time, but I wonder if they would feel burdened by two. I guess I have a lot to think about! :(

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He's lovely. Have you decided or been in contact with the person that has him?
I did email her and I pulled a really lame "I'm looking.. for a friend." lol! My mom has been considering getting a Chi so it's partially true. I e-mailed her around 7pm last night and still haven't heard back.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
well if your mom is thinking of getting a chi of her own, she might now be burdened by two. Talk to her about it. I would think that a free chi on craigslist would go very quickly..to who would be my concern.

·
Registered
149 Posts
You know everyone on this forum will back you up to get another chi ;) He is a handsome boy. I hope he's as sweet when you go meet him as he looks in the picture!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well if your mom is thinking of getting a chi of her own, she might now be burdened by two. Talk to her about it. I would think that a free chi on craigslist would go very quickly..to who would be my concern.
I live in Florida and my mom lives in Pennsylvania. She has a cat that's dying of mammary cancer and was told that it's so bad that even radical surgery won't save her life. :( My mom has been considering a Chi for a while since she sees how much I love Teddy. Right now she has two terriers (females, but they're very sweet).

My grandparents are the ones that dogsit Teddy for me. They lost their English Bulldog to cancer a long time ago and are scared to get another dog now, but they enjoy spending time with Teddy and my cousin's two dogs. They're always begging me to bring Teddy over more, lol. :)

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Oh ok, I guess I misunderstood. Well ask them what they think then ;) Not that I'm saying you should def. *cough* get another *cough* lol

So sorry about your mom's cat too...so hard.xx

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not that I'm saying you should def. *cough* get another *cough* lol
Nice save! :D

So sorry about your mom's cat too...so hard.xx
And thanks. I think they said she only has a few months to live, but who knows. She's still as lively as ever and doesn't seem to be in pain, but you can't always tell with animals..

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
You are right. It can be so hard to tell with them. I guess if she doesn't feel like she's in pain then she probably isn't.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ugh I feel so pathetic! I'm already thinking up names for a dog I haven't met yet! :( I think Guinness sounds kind of cute, since he's black and tan.. What are your thoughts on a name? What name jumps out at you when you see him?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Oooh I love the name game, but I have to admit that I am better at girly names. Funny that you say guiness cuz he's black and tan. My hubby calls my Bailey and Zoey black and tan all the time..lol I do like Guinness though. Would go nice with teddy. Gonna have to think on this one. Hopefully you hear back from the cl person..sucks to get your hopes all up and then have it fall through.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts