Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I am new to forum and posted a more detailed post in the wrong forum.
I adopted 7 year old male named Captain Falcon. He had been intact until 1-2 months before I adopted him this July 7. (so i've only had him 2.5 months, & he's only been neutered about 4 months).
He was house trained and has never peed in the house but he has been pooping in the house during the night.
I am trying to find the right food type & timing for him. I am cooking it myself using information I have found.
I tried putting him in new crate last night, and he wanted so badly to get out the I let him out after about an hour.

I believe if he has food after about noon, he needs to poop during the night, so I have been trying to strictly limit food after ~noon. Thanking you in advance for any feedback or support.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Hi. I am going to tell you what I do. I bought an Iris pen 36x36". In the pen I have the dogs bed/crate, water/food dishes, and I use a washable human bed pad. You could use newspaper too) I can have some chews/toys also. That way the dog has a little bit of space. He can use the pads for poop. You might even put a tiny bit of poop ON the pad, so he gets the idea. I give my chi's some treats at night, so they don't get sick with the 'empty stomach syndrome'. You could set this pen up in your bedroom, if he gets upset without 'seeing' you at night. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts