Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently adopted a 3 year old rescued male chihuahua. He bonded to me almost immediately and follows me everywhere. He is the sweetest little guy but because of his history (he was abused and then lived as a stray) he was terrified of people other than me and would bark and growl when anyone came near him. The only people he didn't have a problem with were kids. Recently thous he appears to have come out of his shell and get all excited, tail wagging when my boyfriend comes over. I'm especially thrilled because he seemed extra scared of men. He let the bf take him for a walk and even jumped up on h and gave him kisses! Does this mean he will become comfortable with others?

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Thank you for what you are doing. He seems to be getting more comfortable, at least with you and the bf.

I would contact a user here, LS, about rehabilitation. She is currently working on her little Bella's fear issues- Bella is a rescue too. In one month, Bella is a different dog! Good luck :)

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
Woohoo That is great! It is a start in the right direction but he might need more work with others besides your BF

1 - 4 of 4 Posts