Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I received a call from a man this evening stating he didn't want his chihuahua puppy anymore and could I come get him!! :? I personally think that he abused this poor little animal, This pup fear bites and he is only 14 weeks old!!! :shock: I went and got him gave him a bath, trimmed his nails, did his anal glands and gave him a vaccine and a good meal (which he wont eat) He just hovers in the corner of the kennel, I put him there for quarantine cause you never know what he could have. I am calling the vet tomorrow to get him a check up and schedule his neuter. He will be placed up for adoption when I can love on him and teach him that people are good! isn't he cute!! I don't think he is purebred but ya never know.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
rescue

Bless his little heart!! Godd luck in finding him the perfect loving home!

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
I am so glad that little fellow is in your loving care...he has suffered enough for a life time in his 14 weeks..it breaks my heart to think what he has gone through...I know you will find him a forever home. .

·
Registered
393 Posts
Reading that just broke my heart - the fact that the pup got into the habit of fear biting by 14 weeks is just awful. Can't help wishing you were in Australia, as I'd take him in a second.

Good luck placing him, and keep us informed of his progress!

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well he is doing so much better in a short time. He wants to be around me all the time and even gave me some kisses :) He still runs when you try to pick him up and nips but in a few weeks I know he will be better. He is going to the vet today, to have an exam and parvo test, even though he is not showing signs I have them tested anyway just to be safe. I will post an update as soon as I get back :wink:

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Oh lori i am so glad that you were able to take this little guy in. With all of your chi's and youself I am sure he will be socialized in no time and acting like a normal chi. Thankfully he is so young still...its so hard to rehabilitate them when they are older.
Let us know how the vet visit goes!

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
What a sad little guy. :cry: Bless your heart for taking him in. He's in the best hands possible now with a bright and loving future ahead of him. I imagine his young age will work in his favor in reversing his behavior.

Shame on the person who instilled such fear in such a dear little boy. Makes me physically ill just to think of it. :twisted:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.