Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days ago I adopted a chiweenie from a local BC rescue called 'Dachshund Rescue Team'. He is (approx.) 1 year old, well-behaved, housebroken, cuddly, playful and probably the cutest thing I'd ever seen- I couldn't believe he hadn't been picked up. In fact, I found out he had been air transported from California which lead to his name: "Frisco" (short for San Francisco).

Something magical happened when I passed him to my step-dad: he began to tear up and remember our beloved italian greyhound who had passed a couple years ago. Although the plan was to just meet, the stars aligned and he ended up being adopted THAT DAY.

In the few days I've had him, I've come to realize that not only does he appear much more chihuahua-like (sort-of like a Mr. Stretch chihuahua) but his attitude seems more similar to what I've read about chihuahuas. As soon as we met he velcroed right onto me and now he is my little shadow.

Having no experience with chihuahuas (or dachshunds) besides what I've read, I think it's important for me to join this forum in order to learn as much as I can. I also think I've completely fallen for chihuahuas and must always have one around- it's very nice having such a loyal companion! Not to mention, an extremely cute one.

So here's us saying HELLO, and we can't wait to share more of our story! I'm sure you'll be seeing plenty of us.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Lots of advice and opinions from many people regarding anything relating to chihuahuas! (Doxie's are included if they have chi's in them!)

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
A few days ago I adopted a chiweenie from a local BC rescue called 'Dachshund Rescue Team'. He is (approx.) 1 year old, well-behaved, housebroken, cuddly, playful and probably the cutest thing I'd ever seen- I couldn't believe he hadn't been picked up. In fact, I found out he had been air transported from California which lead to his name: "Frisco" (short for San Francisco).

Something magical happened when I passed him to my step-dad: he began to tear up and remember our beloved italian greyhound who had passed a couple years ago. Although the plan was to just meet, the stars aligned and he ended up being adopted THAT DAY.

In the few days I've had him, I've come to realize that not only does he appear much more chihuahua-like (sort-of like a Mr. Stretch chihuahua) but his attitude seems more similar to what I've read about chihuahuas. As soon as we met he velcroed right onto me and now he is my little shadow.

Having no experience with chihuahuas (or dachshunds) besides what I've read, I think it's important for me to join this forum in order to learn as much as I can. I also think I've completely fallen for chihuahuas and must always have one around- it's very nice having such a loyal companion! Not to mention, an extremely cute one.

So here's us saying HELLO, and we can't wait to share more of our story! I'm sure you'll be seeing plenty of us.

Hi Frisco! He is such a cutie and I really love your story. The two of you look so happy in that picture. I don't know a ton about dachshunds, but know a lot about chi's, as I have 4 of them. And I can say first hand that they are a very loving and loyal breed. And oh so contagious! It's really hard to just have 1 chi 😊. You've come to the right place for advice and sharing with others the joys of this wonderful breed. Welcome. We'd love more pics❤

1 - 4 of 4 Posts