Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my precious Klein has been acting strange last night. he was in his bed and 2-3 times just kinda walked out of it and "threw" himself on the floor of his playpen (he sleeps in his playpen at night) and led there like a vegetable staring at me (but would NOT move an inch).
he still sleeps with a hot water bottle so i thought maybe he was too hot and the floor being plastic cooled him down?

either way before i tucked him in i cleaned around his eyes as they were a little wet.... this morning he had a 'big' crusty residue, a little yellow-ish around the eyes..

and he has not really been eating today, only his treats?

do i need to worry and take him to the vet?:confused:

THANKS for any suggestions

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
I think he probably doesn't need to sleep with a hot water bottle. If you have him in a crate, in a pen, he can keep himself warm, unless he is a real tiny pup, and the vet has told you to do this. The eye problem I would watch for a day or two. One of my chi's has dry crust that I wipe away several times a day! The other one hardly ever! Sue

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Any yellow discharge from eye's means vet trip that is not normal. He could have just scratched his cornea, some anti biotics could be all that's needed

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Could be a sign of conjunctivitis. I would see a vet.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks so much for everyones responses!!
it stopped the next morning so i am relieved! *phew*
he does needs his nails cut though, i am scared every time he scratches himself and he pokes his eyes out!!
i will probably take him to the vet anyway just for a general check up ...

·
Registered
946 Posts
thanks so much for everyones responses!!
it stopped the next morning so i am relieved! *phew*
he does needs his nails cut though, i am scared every time he scratches himself and he pokes his eyes out!!
i will probably take him to the vet anyway just for a general check up ...
When you do take him in, have the vet or tech show you how to trim his nails. Hopefully they will show you with a grinder. The nails grow so quick, it is a really good thing to be able to do yourself, and since he is so young, now is the time to get him trained/used to it :):):)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts