Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know...this is the first pup I've lived with since childhood...I thought that dogs HATED clothes...I was wrong...so wrong...here's the naked truth...

Just a cute 'before' photo...Then...his new fall snuggly...felt lined...

But Wait Mommy!!! Can't I wear this for Halloween? OK!

I like the horns better this way mommy!

I'm loving this...he PARADED around in this costume and resisted my taking it off...what is it with Chi's and clothes??? LOLOL!!!
I have to start working on his Moroccan costume!
Jill

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOL! Thank you all...I am loving these photos...I am such a gushingly proud mommy! :lol: :D :wave:
Yes...I make all of Reuben's clothes...most of which he's grown out of!!!
I am next going to make him something in the Moroccan vein so he'll be looking smart at my next show...
But I also need to get busy on some winter snugglies...like a polar fleece cozy...
Jill

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
yeah we are going to have a super cold winter i hear.......yay new jersey....... :? i'm sure you are going to make him the warmest cuddliest coat ever!

i love the pics! i can tell by his facial expression that he does enjoy wearing that outfit!!!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yea...I hear the winter's going to be a terror...
Which leads me to ask all those with more Chi-knowledge than I...
What should I make for Reuben that's more...I dunno...'substantial' than these harnesses and light coats?
I know to use things like polar fleece, knits and such...but as far as coverage is concerned...will something like what he's wearing in these pix be enough to keep him warm inside?
What if I need to take him to the car? Leggings? He's too small for booties!!! :?
Jill

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Hershey is one of the cutest guys around. And what a great model! :wave:

For winter, Lily actually has 3 coats (yes, folks, there will be a fashion show in the not-to-distant future :lol: ): one is quilted and she wears that on moderately cold days. She also has a really thick wool coat that's slightly too big so she can wear a sweater underneath. That's for really cold days. Then she has a 2-legged fleece coat that I got from www.chiwawagaga.com (closed temporarily due to Katrina) and it's the warmest of all! It's not as heavy as the wool coat but because of the design, it really keeps her warmer. It doesn't seem to let the cold air in at all.

I am so not looking forward to another killer winter. :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts