Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there has already been a thread about this b4 but it didnt say much, just wondered what reverse sneezing is??? Mylo just made this weird noise when i came in from the shop while he was getting over excited? is this normal? sorry to go on but i get really scared when im not sure if its ok 4 him to be making weird noises...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Jack, my poodle does it almost every morning - he's so excited to be waking up to everyone in the bed with him! Me, Chico, and Prince just seem to make him so happy. :) lol Chico does it once in a while. It's surely one of the most terrifying noises one can hear in a dog if they don't know what it is. Honking, snorting, and gasping for breath.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
so long as he doesnt do it while hes sleeping its perfectly normal, if you cover their nose (make them breath through the mouth) and then massage the throat it tends to stop quickly.
that is a very good article...

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
as long as he was awake, no worries...when they do it and there asleep its best to get a vets check for the trechea...but if he was awake its just normal reverse sneezing...i wish i knew exactly why they did it...tends to happen more in the colder months, i think when theres less humidity.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts