Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not really pants per say because it doesn't go down like Daisy's. It kind of just curls out. The problem is that poopy gets stuck in it. Do you think it'd look funny if I trimmed it off from where the curl starts? I'm going to try to get a picture.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I think its an issue w/ some LC, we've been lucky w/ B too, that like Daisy, not too many issues w/ poo getting stuck. I would be soooo nervous to trim that hair though!

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
If you are uncomfortable trimming it yourself, you can take Riley to a vet or groomer and ask for a sanitary cut ;-)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
My moms german shepard gets the worst pants/butt hair. My mom trims him all the time it seems, would make me nervous too.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I would give it a snip, its not that hard to do, and if you make a mistake it should grow back fast enough, that way you can get used to doing it your self, and not have to always go to the groomer

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
We have this problem with our LC, Glory. She has rock solid stool and still got waste stuck to her butt fur pretty regularly, maybe once every week or so. It was so annoying so I started taking a pair of human hair clippers and giving her a sanitary shave myself. It's super easy to do and you can use regular clippers to trim off as much or as little fur as you prefer. I started out just trimming the longest fur that caught the most stuff in it but found that I needed to trim more frequently when I did such a small amount. Doing a full sanitary shave doesn't not look any worse to me and it cuts the amount of grooming that I have to do WAY down. With little trims I had to do them every 3-4 weeks and with full sanitary shaves I do them every 2-3 months.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hubby had to cut poopy out of her fur last night.

We are going to take all the girls to the groomer next week to get them professionally done. Then, we'll keep it up for the Chis.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts