Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2 little girls went to Rainbow Bridge just over a week ago. Both amazing dogs, one aged 4 months and one just 9 weeks.

About the only consolation I have is they are together, here is a picture of Mia will try to find a way to get the others on my laptop so I can post a pic of Trinity.

They both were here such a short while, but brought so much love and joy. Bye for now little ones.xxxxxx.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have posted in the health section, an article entitled Hemorragic Gastrorenteritis, Am trying to raise awareness, so other people have a chance to save their babies.

Mia the one in the picture died after a couple of hours of being ill with HGE and poor Trinity fell ill the day after Mia died and and died on Sunday. Basic symptoms are vomiting diarrhoea, lethargy, tiredness and bleeding from the back passage or vomiting blood up, mine were just tired.

Please go and read their story as it may one day save your babies. Thank you for the compliments you are all right she was stunning.xxxx.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
RiP Trinity & Mia

What a gorgeous little girl!

Its a dreadful infection. i lost a litter of 6 little babies to this aged 6 weeks old

Its very similar to Parvo, spreads just as easy and once symptoms start its almost too late. Very nasty, quite quick as well. You have to administer fluids in a best effort to save them, but usually they pass away or its kinda to have them euthanized. So sorry for your loss, trust me i know how it feels. x

ETA: It says that its not contagious but it spread through my whole litter. I also lost and adult female due to it. I stayed up constant with small 20min naps giving her fluids and vitamins etc as the vet provided everything. The Vet couldnt say where it came from because its untraceable just spontaneous.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Thank you all for your kind words, and the lady who lost a whole litter and an adult chi you really do have my heartfelt sympathy. This is something I NEVER would want to experience again, everyone says speed is the key, with Trinity I rang my vet as it was happening and she was on IV's for 2 days and antbiotics and sadly my vet says due to their size they could never have survived it, such a cruel horrible disease. It makes you feel helpless, upset and so so angry as you cannot save your babies.xxxx.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Aww i know its not good, when my puppies went down i called the vets within the hour. She came to see them, diagnosed it and said i could have the fee of £4000 for the IV and hospitalization for the 6 puppies or she could give me the equipment and i could do it myself for no charge. She said it would be the same outcome because of how far the symptoms were: lethargic, sickness, blood, white gums. And this all happened within the hour. Its quick & deadly. My girl was fine the night i left her, went down hill the next day and as i was with the vet she passed away in my arms. It was heartbreaking i couldnt save her or give her more than i could, it killed me, she was only 8 months old, such potential in her, one of the best little Chis ive ever owned. Bless her. Thank you for helping raise awareness of it, ive never posted about it as it hurt so badly! Im sorry for your loss also! Thanks xx

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
I am so sorry for your loos. How tragic. I read the HGE thread, how awful. May your little ones R.I.P and many many ((((HUGS)))) to you I am so very sorry. This is very heartbreaking.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I am so very sorry to hear this. RIP little one's :-(

Is this more common in UK? I havent heard of it before? Is it something that they can be vaccinated against like Parvo?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
HI Yoshismum, I think HGE is a worldwide thing, but many people have never heard of it, hence by telling their stories I hoped other people would avoid the heartache of which we are still going through.

Sadly there is no vaccine to prevent against HGE it could be caused by something as simple as stress, or something the dog has eaten and reacted too, its a tough tough one, but the answers are just not out there, hence by people coming forward and telling their stories it might save more babies.xxxx.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts