Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am devastated at the sudden death of my beloved chihuahua Chalupa. She died on Friday July 15,2011. I had taken her to the park with my other two dogs. She was actually walking around alot more than she usually does. She was going to be 12 years old next month on the 24th. I was sitting on the picnic table looked over at her and she had her head in an odd position I called her name and she suddenly collapsed foam coming from her mouth and seizing. I picked her up and rushed her to the vet as fast as possible. When I got there she was still in the same seizure still foaming at her mouth. The vet came out maybe 5 to 10 minutes later and told me she had passed. That her heart stopped, they did CPR and couldn't get her to come back....This chihuahua was like no other. She was the sweetest most laid back chihuahua ever. Everyone loved her especially me...I am sooo devastated and I feel as if a piece of me is gone....They feel she could have possibly had a stroke since she was usually sedatary and now was walking alot...It was just suppose to be such a great day that ended in complete devastation. I don't think I can ever think about ever replacing her...She was too PERFECT...Thank you for listening...RIP my Princess Chalupa...MOMMY LOVES YOU FOREVER!!!:(

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. :( x

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I am so sorry to hear of your sweet Chalupa's passing. It's always so hard to have a beloved pet die. RIP little girl, she will be waiting for you at the rainbow bridge.

Give yourself time to grieve and you may find you are able to love another. I have had so many dogs, and a part of me dies with each of them, but my heart is big enough to welcome another in. But, if you find that you can't, that is ok, too. Do what is the best for you. *hugs*

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you

Thank you all for the condolences.... I am in total disbelief....I am in the process of selling my house and it was being shown so I packed up my 3 dogs and bird to go hang out at the park for the hour it would take for the house to be shown...HOW could this have happened and WHO has something happen to them like this??? MEEEE!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS HAPPENED!!!! Chalupa was the sweetest little thing EVER!!!...... I miss her terribly!!! OHHH WHY!!!!! WHY?!?!? :'(

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Judi I am so sorry (((((HUGS))))), many of us here have lost a fur baby or two so we can understand what you are going through....R.I.P Chalupa

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
How sad! So sorry for your loss! This is a devastating tragedy, but it sounds like she had a great life with plenty of love. Sometimes there's no rhyme or reason why things happen, but know in you're heart that you gave this baby the best life she could have.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
My sympathies to you.
My Poco passed at my side. He was 14. He had heart issues but I hoped he
was on the road to recovery.

It was three years ago and hes on my mind every day.
It took so long to begin to get past aching.
There are a lot of us here that know what you are feeling and going through.

Rest In Peace little angel.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Judi, there is no answer to 'why'. Just remember her as she was. Yes, I too had a almost 10 year old die in my livingroom. She made a poop, walked toward me, and just rolled over on her side and died. Yes, I know the feeling of horror. My chi was sick with a lung disease, but I had no idea she was that ill. I hope with each passing day, you will remember Chalupa's funny ways and what a special dog she was. Sue

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
So sorry.It is hard to loose a beloved pet.It will get better with time I promise.

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
I am so very sorry for your loss!
The pain is really awful losing a much loved part of the family, i feel for you.
I know you wont even be entertaining the idea right now, but maybe one day you will feel ready to love and be loved by these wonderful wee souls again.
Look after yourself and take the time to grieve.

R.I.P sweet Chalupa. xxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Very sad,sorry for you loss. She sounds like a lovely girl. Just remember you gave her the best life filled with love. RIP Chalupa.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts