Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am new on this site.

I'm haveing some issues getting over the death of my little man Nacho. He was an angel that god gave me April 26, 2009. He was the runt of the first litter of puppies I bred. I just couldn't sell him and ended up finding all the excuses in the world to keep him. It was the best decision I made as he was so special to me. T

his March I got a call on my way to work from some people staying at my house to say that Nacho was dead. They told me that they don't know what happened and just found him on the couch under a blanket with his mouth open. This came as suspicious to me as I had kennelled him when I left and he is 2.5 lbs and cannot get on the couch by himself. When taken to the vet they said that they cannot determine a cause of death and wouldn't do an autopsy as they wouldn't be able to get any results due to his small size. To this day I have not gotten any answers from anyone and still greiving. Any suggestions on how to get past this?

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
I hope in time you will be able to make peace with losing Nacho.
Be kind to yourself--it hasn't been very long since his passing.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I would wonder about the people they had to have took him out of the crate and put him on the couch.
It will in time get easier.I will pray for peace for you.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
I am sooooo sorry (((((HUGS))))) to you, how horrible for you. I lost my heart chi 3 years ago and I still have a hard time dealing with it at times. I once read that one of the main causes of death of chihuahuas is from being sat on when they are snuggled in under blankets on the couch. This has always stuck in my mind. I am so sorry you lost your little angel Nacho, may he R.I.P

·
Registered
81 Posts
I am so so sorry for your loss (((((HUGS)))). It really does make it more difficult now knowing the cause of death. It is easy to suspect that the people visiting your house took him out of the kennel to cuddle and play with him in the sofa and perhaps accidently sat on him without knowing he was laying under the blanket. But there may be other causes as well, all natrual. I once had a boyfriend who's mother had a puppy dog, not a Chi though but a bit bigger. He was only a few months old when he suddenly passed due to what turned out to be a problem with his hart. He was big enough for an autopsy though, but this can also happen with a Chi of course. Have you spoken with the people you had visiting? Were they good friends of yours? If so, perhaps trying together to figure out if this was a very unfortenate accident would help you get past it? It may of course put a strain on your friendship, if they feel they are being accused of being the cause for his passing and also if that is what happened, you may look at them in a different way. But if so, try to keep in mind that they will grieve to for the loss and pain that they have caused you and try to get through it together. But also keep in mind, it may have been a natrual cause as well. It is not long since his passing so of course you are still sufering and the little guy will be in your hart forever. What i think you need the most is time and that you allow yourself to go through the grief process. nce you feel you are ready, then perhaps a new puppy can add a new light in your life. It will never be the same and Nacho will never be able to be replace, but you may be able to form a different bond with a new puppy who makes the days a bit brighter. My thoughts are with you.

HUGS!

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
So sorry for you. It is too bad, but I feel that it will take a long time for that suspicious feeling to go away. We will be travelling this summer with our two canines. And I get very anxious because we will spend time with our daughter and not everyone is as cautious as we (people with chis)!! I hope you find peace, with time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you every one for your thoughts and condolences. And Miinerva, I haven't spoken to those girls since the incident. I told them that if it was an accident then it's fine but I just want to know. They are still unwilling to give me any information on what happened that night. I just miss him so much.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I am so very sorry for your loss :-( I agree with Kay. The first thing I thought of is maybe someone didnt realize he was curled up in the blanket and maybe sat on him. It is rather strange that they would take him out of the crate though. I pray that you will begin to heal from this and you will have peace soon.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi so sorry for your little nacho i can feel your pain in your words ive always been told time makes your heart better take care of your self

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
very sorry for your loss
i lost my boy cody in january
and i will never get over it
so much so, i will never have another
male chihuahua.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts