Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Parker took a turn for the worse this evening and just now passed away. Poor little baby. I am heartbroken.

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
I am so sorry! That really sucks! My thoughts and prayers are with all of you!

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you everyone. I am sitting here stunned at how fast she went downhill. I thought she was getting better, but once we got back from the vet's for her IV fluid bolus, she just didn't do well. She was always more fragile than her brothers. And this morning, one of the boys had diarrhea, I'm not sure yet which one, so they all got antibiotics and pedialyte until I can figure out which one. But they are all eating and playing so I'm not sure if I should get worried right yet.

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
You also need to clean everything with Bleach to get the germs out of your house. Parvo is one of the hardest things to get rid of and you did everything you could. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I haven't been on in a long time, but so sooo sorry to come on here and see this sad news. I am so very sorry.

Please try to find a supplier of Buckeye Watch Dog. It's one of the only chemicals that will kill parvo. You can get it from an industrial supply outfit for janitorial chemicals.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Oh no no no! She seemed to be doing so much better :(
I am so very sorry you had to loose her at such a young age.

All of the puppies need to quarantined some where that you can monitor them. Keep all of the other dogs away completely. Parvo has an incubation period of 6-14 days, so a pup can have it for up to 2 weeks before they start showing symptoms. If one of the other dogs have tracked it in, it can be just about anywhere. Take all bedding and blankets and wash them Borax and bleach. Mop all your floors with this the same solution. Any caprpet needs to be either professionally clean or mix the same borax/bleach solution and spray of all caprpeted areas 2-3 times a day for a week. Parvo is so dang hard to get rid of because it lerks around in the damnedest places for a very long time. The Borax/bleach co.bo is awesome! Bleach kills what is on the surface but the Borax will soak in and continue killing the virus after the bleach dries up.
I do hope you get it all cleared up. Its hurts my heart to hear of someone loosing a companion but one so young to such an evil satanic virus such as parvo is just heart breaking to no end.
You will be in my thoughts and please keep a good good eye on those boys. Seperate them and keep them seperate until they are past the two week mark. Best of wishes to you. I will look up some info for you.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I am so so sorry to hear that. She seemed to be doing so much better. You did everything you could do, and I hope and pray none of the other puppies or dogs get it.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts