Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody following the RockStar INXS tv programme?
Its a bit like American Idol in format, but with rockers! INXS are looking for their new lead singer to be...KARI I think of you girl every time I watch it 'cos I know you are a rock babe like me at heart!

My faves are Mig and Jordis, although Ty did a great job last night :D

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
ooooohhhhh Don't get me started on Rockstar INXS!!! I LOOOOOVE Jordis but I'm pulling for Marty. I just think he's got more range than the other men (I can't stand that insipid JD) and I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like for INXS to have a female lead singer. In my mind, it just wouldn't be right.

Actually, it won't be right with ANY lead singer. Michael Hutchience was one of a kind.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I just found out yesterday that it has already started :? so anyway, I plan to catch it next week. I think I will love it! From what my friend told me, a LOT of the singers are really good!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
If you go to the CBS website, you can watch video of the contestants' performances. I go almost daily and watch Jordis and Marty's performances.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
i saw them play here last year on 'the night of the proms' and i must say the singer did michael hutchence brilliantly !! i don't think they could have found someone better...so i was surprised he didn't want to stay .
i love INXS :D

kisses nat

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Michael Hutchience's death was a shocker to me too. From what I understand though, he had a lot of stuff going on between the custody battle between the mother of his child and Bob Geldof (Geldof's ex) and the upcoming tour and his problem with drugs... so much going on and not enough strength to handle it all.

Very sad indeed. INXS has always been one of my favorite bands and it saddened me to hear of his death. But for INXS, I guess this is a great way to "replace" him - they're on national TV, letting everyone know they're coming back AND as a bonus, we get to help pick the new singer. I think it's brilliant - hopefully, they won't have many troubles getting people to accept whoever they choose.

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Of course I am watching it Camilla! :headbang: I LOVE Jordis but I think in the long run they are looking for someone that will "fit" in their band, personal style, image, just as much as music style. I really don't see them picking a female at all but this exposure could really help Jordis. :wink:

I really believe that they will pick Marty or Mig, they really fit the image of the band. I already liked Marty, he was my pick to win from the beginning. I don't think anyone can or should perform Nirvana, since they are one of a kind but Marty really kicked butt. :D

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Ditto that. Marty totally kicked booty on the Nirvana tune. Mig gets under my skin in a bad way... he's got a "I'm hot and you're not" vibe about him that annoys me.

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Cooper said:
Ditto that. Marty totally kicked booty on the Nirvana tune. Mig gets under my skin in a bad way... he's got a "I'm hot and you're not" vibe about him that annoys me.
I'm not rooting for Mig to win either. I just think that he really fits their image, so they will really consider him for their band. Other than that, he annoys me too! :lol:

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think Marty should win too...was he HOT or what when he sang Nirvana!!! :shock:
I agree Mig is a bit smug...and whilst I love little Jordis, I agree that a female lead singer wouldnt be right...perhaps they just allowed girls to try so they wouldnt be accused of sexism...
Thank goodness they kicked of Daphna and Heather...they just didnt have strong enough voices IMO. :D

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
I totally agree about the sexism thingy. They had to have females on there, just for that reason alone. :lol:

Marty was great singing that! I think I have liked every performance he has done so far and I can be pretty picky! :lol:

Jordis is great too, I really believe that some label will pick her up. :wink:

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I agree Kari, as soon as I saw marty I said "he's going to win this!" I do hope Jordis gets some recognition, she is great.
What do you think of the rest of the girls? I cant remember their names but there is one with long blonde hair, looks like something out of Fleetwood Mac...she isnt right IMO. And theres that snooty looking one...I hope she gets booted soon.
As for JD...what a wally! :lol:

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
I don't care for any of the other girls besides Jordis and this other blonde. Can't remember her name but on performance night she had rubber bands in her hair and it was crimped. I don't think she sounds that great but I think she really could if she tried. She's got a very powerful sounding voice and needs to just let it all out.

Other than that, the girls bore me! :lol: I cannot stand that one (she's still there) with dark hair. A couple weeks ago she wore a jean dress and the bottom buttons were undone. You could see right up there! :roll:

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know the blonde one you mean with the rubber bands and the crimping, I think she is the best of the rest of the girls.I also cant stand that one that wore the jeans dress...the week she wore it she also tried to pull some sexy stuff like sticking her tongue out....eeeew! Pathetic! :lol:
I knew I could count on you to be into this programme girl! :lol: :headbang:

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
:lol: Of course I am! :lol: :lol: I am more into reality shows than anyone I know, including most on here. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Deanna is the blonde with the bands and the great voice. She'd make a good blues singer, I think.

I'm completely in love with Jordis; she's got loads of personality, she's cute and she's got a great voice but I just can't invision her singing "Original Sin" or anything off the Kick album.

JD... I'd like to slap him back to the 80s... better yet, the 1880s.

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Did anyone watch last night's show?? I thought it was GREAT!!! Last weeks show sucked but I really enjoyed last night's show.

My faves of the night were Marty, ofcourse, this guy is just amazing and it is so much fun to watch him!

Mig, excellent performance!

Jordis, really good as always!

I thought everyone did good except for Ty and I missed Tara's performance.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Kari said:
Did anyone watch last night's show?? I thought it was GREAT!!! Last weeks show sucked but I really enjoyed last night's show.

My faves of the night were Marty, ofcourse, this guy is just amazing and it is so much fun to watch him!

Mig, excellent performance!

Jordis, really good as always!

I thought everyone did good except for Ty and I missed Tara's performance.
Oooohhhh... I missed it last night!!! I'm going to the CBS website RIGHT NOW to take a look at the videos!

1 - 20 of 113 Posts