Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you know I'm hot to get another chi *aren't we all* and I dont' know if the one i'm interested in will pan out due to the fact that he is 1. ready to go now 2. I don't have the $ yet (an no time to save up). 3. hubby isn't on board but 'weakening slightly'.
My question is since it is a male chi i'm looking at I am just concerned with throwing things off. Right now all is well in our pack. Leila really kinda rules the roost but no one really "dominates" all my dogs are pretty easy going. But I have an intact male boxer. He is a good boy and has never marked inside. Just really worried about getting a new boy how he will react. I would get the new pup neutered whenever it is time though.
Thoughts????

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Get him, get him, get him.

Tell hubby it's all you want for your birthday, Christmas, and valentines day and mother's day this year.

Winston will not know that this is even a "boy" until his hormones start kicking in -- if you get him neutered before that happens, you shouldn't ever have any issues.

Lalala stop dawdling and get him!

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
I had had the same thoughts as you when i got Dottie,best thing i ever did they all get along great,get him he's beautiful

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Tbh your hubs didn't want you to get Leila soooo...;)

He is cute and I think he will be fine size-wise, keep in mind LC look bigger than SC, anyone who tells you otherwise doesn't know what they are talking about or has never really seen a LC lol...b'c the fluff factor ABSOLUTELY makes them look bigger. But that's part of their charm ;)

You are married, what's the saying--what's mine is yours, baby--?? ;)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Adorable.

Also, Gretel is still #1 in our house even though Godric is male and much larger than her.

I'm sure your pack will be fine.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol you're right kristi. ;) And girl i'll tell ya he is always kissin' on that baby. I think the "4 dogs" factor is like some kind of red flag to him. I haven't ever had 4 dogs sooo i'm not afraid but apparently he is freaked by it. But my thought is hey these dogs only count as like 1/4 dog since they're so small. ;) So 2 chis are like not even one whole dog.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
lol you're right kristi. ;) And girl i'll tell ya he is always kissin' on that baby. I think the "4 dogs" factor is like some kind of red flag to him. I haven't ever had 4 dogs sooo i'm not afraid but apparently he is freaked by it. But my thought is hey these dogs only count as like 1/4 dog since they're so small. ;) So 2 chis are like not even one whole dog.
LOL we have just decided from now on we are not adding a # of dog, its too embarassing to say # 6 is coming home at the end of the month, but 4 lol...man, 4 seems so SANE!

I mean, if its not going to "stress" your family financially to add him, then I say go for it.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well obviously i have to consider the cost factor since there are 5 people and 3 dogs already. Unless there is a health issue...shots, neutering, food, heartworm preventative/flea (spring through fall) is the main expenses. Food is so cheap since they eat soooo little. Neutering is def. cheaper than spaying. Shot aren't really too much either. I prob wouldn't dress him as much as i do leila. LC just don't look quite as cute in clothes soooo, less expense there.
I would probably keep him in the little pen (iris one) with leila that is in my kitchen. Do you think this would work ok??? If not I'd have to come up with a solution.
And how are boys with pottypads?? that is a scary thought.:confused:

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
I say get him! I wouldn't worry at ALL about "rocking the boat" with your current pack situation as long as you'll have him neutered early everything should be a-ok! We got our Chi's when we still had Zander who wasn't neutered. Never marked or even lifted his leg to pee. :lol: Never caused an issue at all.

You are married, what's the saying--what's mine is yours, baby--?? ;)
Kristi, will you talk to my hubby for me?! LOL

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I say get him! I wouldn't worry at ALL about "rocking the boat" with your current pack situation as long as you'll have him neutered early everything should be a-ok! We got our Chi's when we still had Zander who wasn't neutered. Never marked or even lifted his leg to pee. :lol: Never caused an issue at all.

Kristi, will you talk to my hubby for me?! LOL
LOL ... sure ? Idk as much as I say I believe "what's mine is yours" if I did I would have quit my stupid job by now ! ! ;)

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
LOL ... sure ? Idk as much as I say I believe "what's mine is yours" if I did I would have quit my stupid job by now ! ! ;)
lol Kristi, I have a wonderful saying about "us ole' married folks"... I tell hubby all the time "What's mine is mine, and what's yours is mine!!" I can't promise it works, but we do have 9 chi babies..:D

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
lol Kristi, I have a wonderful saying about "us ole' married folks"... I tell hubby all the time "What's mine is mine, and what's yours is mine!!" I can't promise it works, but we do have 9 chi babies..:D
Hahaha...I am very grateful that my hubby is sweet and understanding of my addiction LOL. I am under strict orders of NO MORE PETS, though...lol. But for the most part he really is so good about it, and loves them as much as I do...he is even learning to help me show, as I now have exceeded the # of dogs I can successfully show myself in the LC category :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
My husband always tells me that the next animal I get is coming with divorce papers, needless to say I am still married and looking at dog #4 lol (thats after the two cats, loud parrot, million fish and three dogs). And after showing us the pictures of course we are all going to say yes. He is so so so cute!! In all honesty do what is right for your family as you know them best. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
buy it for him for valentines day! men never want them and then when we bring them home all of a sudden they are their dogs lol

my bf never owned a dog in his life now we are bringing home #4 I was told no more after Ninja who took a lot of convincing to get lol.

I do know what you are syaing though everyone should be on board before bringing home a new baby!

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I had some really sound and logical advice for you, until I saw the pictures.

Get him.
:laughing8: hahaha!!
Yeah posting these kind of questions are really kind of pointless on here. lol It's like asking the Duggar's if I should have another baby! :laughing6:

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
And how are boys with pottypads?? that is a scary thought.:confused:
Godric is literally a million times better with his potty pad than Gretel. He took it it after 2 weeks and that was that. I got him neutered right at 6 months and he still usually squats to wee but even when he half-hearted leg cocks he makes it 99% of the time.

Gretel ALWAYS missed, she'd stop as soon as she got to the pad assuming she was on it, and went right there.

As soon as the weather warms up i'm going to work toward getting G outside trained and do away with the pads entirely as he'll be about a year old by then.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts