Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! Ok, a few more interesting facts about rocky. :lol: As he is getting older, he doesn't really look like a pomeranian. I'm pretty sure he is mixed with american eskimo dog. I've done some research, and found out that poms and eskimo dogs, look alot alike. And he looks alot more like the pics of eskimo dogs then poms. I don't mind though. I love him to pieces. :love5: Except for one thing...he pees every time I take him out of the crate! Every time he gets excited about anything, he pees. It is so annoying! :cussing: I've been trying to just take him out of the crate calmly, without eye contact, and I don't say anything. I just take him out and put him outside immediately, and say "do your business". It's been working, but lately, he'll run right into the living room and when I say "come here", he'll run away from me, and he'll pee while hes running. such a mess. And if I try to pick him up, then he pees even more, and it shoots out like a water gun! :x I don't know what to do. I just hope he grows out of this, cause it stinks that I cant greet him happily when I see him, cause he'll pee all over. Not to mention having to clean up puppy pee 10 times a day. So that's whats happening here. If anyone has had this problem, I could really use some advice. It's driving me nuts! Thanks :wave:

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
He is adorable!!!!!!! Hopefully he grows out of the pee thing. What if you kept the crate by the dor and as soon as you take him out hold him until your outside?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cant pick him up when I take him out, or else he will pee right away. I have to let him walk outside. And the crate is already by the door, but lately he has been running the other way, to the livingroom. I wish I could just pick him up and put him outside, but as soon as I pick him up, he will pee. :roll: Thanks for the advice anyhow. :wink:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The kennel is to big to move. We tried putting rocky in his own kennel, but he would bark and bark for ever. Then my fiance had an idea. Our boxer has a huge kennel, so we just put in the partition and now they both share the kennel. Rocky has own little side. It works great. But thanks, that would have been a good idea. :wink:

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Kemo gets excited to see me too and I have to be very careful and get him outside, but I try to get him in the kitchen (easy cleanup) cause he does pee if overly excited....its very annoying! :x

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
where have you been girl! i was so worried that the worst happened with him!!! did i miss a post or something???

i'm sorry i have no advice for you as far as the peeing goes. i just wanted to say he looks beautiful and i'm so relieved! he looks like he may have some shiba in him. whatever he is, he is a very nice lookin fella!

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
He's a little cutie. You're right, he doesn't look much like a pom..but adorable none the less :)

Lina used to pee when she would get excited too. She still does it sometimes but not as often as she used to. When we first got her she would be pee if she was nervous, excited, or scared. It didn't matter lol. Now she just does it when she knows she's in trouble for something...like chewing something she knows she shouldn't have. She also does it when I come in after being gone all day. I'm sure your little one will grow out of it. :)

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
nikki said:
Aww thanks. :) Yeah, I think you did miss a post. I posted a while back letting everyone know that he is fine. I guess he was misdiagnosed, because his head healed on its own. :D :D :D
oh man see that's what happens when i work. i'm out of the loop lol. so glad to see he's fine!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts