Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom has decided that Rocky needed a stroller for when we go to Asheville tomorrow and for future walking intensive trips. She is worried about his knees (bilateral LP) and the fact that he doesn't like strangers and this way her can be socialized but still be safe and feel protected.

Not sure how I feel about it, but to each their own. Toby will be walking and I have his carrier if he needs a break.

Anyhow, we put the stroller together (what a frustrating experience) and put Rocky in it. Mr. I hate everything... LOVED IT. I mean he is obsessed. Here are some pics of him testing it out.

Alien eyes

I lub dis cool thing!!

Nap time!

PS - this is his last big hurrah before his neuter Monday. Wish him luck!!

Sent from Petguide.com App

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
I love pet strollers, I would have one but my family says a massive NO. :(
Hehe. We'd get laughed down the street in this country if we had our dogs in a pram!

My mom has decided that Rocky needed a stroller for when we go to Asheville tomorrow and for future walking intensive trips. She is worried about his knees (bilateral LP) and the fact that he doesn't like strangers and this way her can be socialized but still be safe and feel protected.

Not sure how I feel about it, but to each their own. Toby will be walking and I have his carrier if he needs a break.

Anyhow, we put the stroller together (what a frustrating experience) and put Rocky in it. Mr. I hate everything... LOVED IT. I mean he is obsessed. Here are some pics of him testing it out.

Alien eyes

I lub dis cool thing!!

Nap time!

PS - this is his last big hurrah before his neuter Monday. Wish him luck!!

I'm glad he likes it :) I hope everything goes well with his neuter. Good thoughts are coming his way xox

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I LOVE my stroller - used it to put them all in to make the long walk to the dog beach (by god it's tough going in the sand, impossible, I had to give it to a man to manage & he struggled), but it was so much safer to get to where we were going without all the big dogs on the beach ambushing us at once & me trying to deal with 4 small dogs - it would've been absolute chaos & possibly very dangerous.

I will also be using it to wheel mine to the dog park because there's a few aggro dogs who're not contained in their yards, people using the streets off leash etc. If we get to the dog park & there's 'biggies' there, I just take a seat & wait until they're done before letting mine out.

IMO people who scoff at prams are ignorant and have never known of someone who has, or experienced having their dog torn apart for themselves, by a brute on the loose!!!

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I've grown to like it a lot! It seems quite convenient. And he's been sleeping in there all night. So all is well. Can't wait to get some use out of it tomorrow. I may even put Toby in there when he needs a break so I don't have to carry him :)

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
I LOVE my stroller - used it to put them all in to make the long walk to the dog beach (by god it's tough going in the sand, impossible, I had to give it to a man to manage & he struggled), but it was so much safer to get to where we were going without all the big dogs on the beach ambushing us at once & me trying to deal with 4 small dogs - it would've been absolute chaos & possibly very dangerous.

I will also be using it to wheel mine to the dog park because there's a few aggro dogs who're not contained in their yards, people using the streets off leash etc. If we get to the dog park & there's 'biggies' there, I just take a seat & wait until they're done before letting mine out.

IMO people who scoff at prams are ignorant and have never known of someone who has, or experienced having their dog torn apart for themselves, by a brute on the loose!!!
I can see how it would be convenient and Zorana has convinced me of this before but I've never seen anyone using one in the UK and I think people would react negatively to it because it's not the 'norm'.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
I love your stroller, Rocky!! You look so cute in there. Best of luck with your neuter. We'll be thinking about you. :)

The Wee's have a stroller too. We don't use it much anymore. But it was a Godsend for all day softball tournaments. It was also nice to have before I fenced in my backyard for strolls around the neighborhood so the big doggies that are loose wouldn't eat them. :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
We are in Savanaha GA for a long weekend. There are many nice walking areas and parks. We saw two dogs in a stroller today and they were loving it; just taking it all in. Prince and Lady walked everywhere and are beat now. To each his own. If Rocky likes the stroller, that's all that matters. Have fun in Asheville. I love Asheville Yoga Center!

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We are in Savanaha GA for a long weekend. There are many nice walking areas and parks. We saw two dogs in a stroller today and they were loving it; just taking it all in. Prince and Lady walked everywhere and are beat now. To each his own. If Rocky likes the stroller, that's all that matters. Have fun in Asheville. I love Asheville Yoga Center!
We love savannah!!! Beautiful place.

I've only been to Asheville once when I was 14. So I'm excited. I've also heard its very dog friendly. Toby will be walking too, but I'm excited to see how the stroller goes over. Rocky sure loves it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have one for my little man Stuart. He loves it. We haven't used it yet but we are planning on it for when we go to the Crawfish Festival next month. He will walk for a while but his little hip pops out of place so I did not want him to get too tired. I attached a picture of his.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts