Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, The day has come and gone since I brought Bruce home last week. I am now the proud owner of 2 chi babies :) both from the same breeder :)

Here's what Im noticing:

My house is now a constant day in day out UFC Match. These boys do not stop roughhousing. Should I not be letting them play rough all the time? And I mean.. ALL THE TIME

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Puppy playtime is important for their development, especially learning bite inhibition (i.e. how to communicate when it's too much; with yelps.) Puppies pretty much just have 2 modes; sleeping or playing. Enjoy the phase while it lasts; as not all dogs enjoy play as much when they are adults. That said, my two Powderpuffs are over a year and still play nonstop; but it's great exercise and mental simulation. Sounds like your two already have a great bond, so cherish it! =D

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
kc and dex plays all the time! all the vids i've posted up omg LOL they make the most silly and cutest noises! :) i let them play whenever they want as long as theres no serious bitin which i havent seen, they both love each other :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
When they get really playful, it can also be a great time to start teaching them a little self control too! I always teach my puppies the stop/go crazy game. Say "Go crazy!" and let them really get as crazy as you can, run around, howl, swing toys, ect, then say "Stop!" and freeze. Pull out yummy treats and have the pups sit. Then "Go crazy!" again! Repeat. You might feel a little silly at first, but the pups will learn "Stop" means stop moving and sit down. It's great for when you want them to quiet down, and on more than one occasion it's saved my dogs from running in the road, or approaching an unfriendly dog off leash. :)

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
When they get really playful, it can also be a great time to start teaching them a little self control too! I always teach my puppies the stop/go crazy game. Say "Go crazy!" and let them really get as crazy as you can, run around, howl, swing toys, ect, then say "Stop!" and freeze. Pull out yummy treats and have the pups sit. Then "Go crazy!" again! Repeat. You might feel a little silly at first, but the pups will learn "Stop" means stop moving and sit down. It's great for when you want them to quiet down, and on more than one occasion it's saved my dogs from running in the road, or approaching an unfriendly dog off leash. :)
I liked that I will try those commands with chico. But not with another Chi It will be when he plays with my brother. :D Chico's crazy about him. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is really awesome! I'm going to give this a try!

They are both crazy sometimes.. Ben (My first chi .. EVER) is 8 months old and Bruce is only 10 weeks so they are both puppies still so they get a little rowdy .. all the time lmao.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts