Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any routines they have to follow for their Chis?

At bed time, Daisy has her own routine. She first has to go in my mums bed, she goes under the duvet and goes to sleep there. I let her have some time while I'm sorting out her bed and her play pen. I then have to carry her into my room, putting her into her bed which is on my bed. She gets in there and I tuck her in, and she goes back to sleep. Once I'm sure she's well asleep, I then lift her bed into her pen.
She's so spoilt! If she misses going in my mums bed, it takes ages to get her to settle into her bed. Bless her, lol.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
No routines here. I turn off the lights and tell Paco it's time for bed, he runs up the stairs to the bed gets under the covers and goes right out. He's really easy. He stays asleep all night, unless he hears something, then he's out like a shot to investigate the noise.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
That is so cute. Amberleah goes potty, we put away her toys for night and i kiss her up then say good night put her in her crate and turn off light till morning. My husband gets up for work she peeks out of her cubby bed and waits for me to get up witch can be few mins after hubby or two hours later. he get up at 6am, sometimes I don't fall asleep til 5am

·
Registered
51 Posts
If your talking about nightly routines, I make all of my chis go to the bathroom before turning out the lights.

If your talking about routines in general then my chis; eat, go for walks, get brushed / combed, wiped down, and get let out to go to the bathroom at the same time very day. I've read in numerous books / magazines that it's important to have your dogs on a regular routine.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I get on the computer right before bed every night. Once I'm sitting down, both the dogs settle in, Tango in his bed at my feet, Jazz on the bed on the couch right next to me. I sit at the computer several times a day...before work in the morning, after work, and on the weekends at various times throughout the day, but right before I go to bed is the only time the dogs do that exact bed thing...the rest of the time they're curled up on my lap, or maybe on the couch, or they're playing, doing zoomies up and down the hall, whatever. It amazes me that they know when it's bedtime!

·
Registered
44 Posts
We have a routine with our girls before we go to work. They have a "playroom" (which is also our living room but blocked off with baby gates) and we turn a movie on repeat (usually The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) give them kisses, a cookie and off to work we go. They are used to the routine by now.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Bella is pretty easy and very good at routine. I have a desk chair that I put her bed in that is close to my bed. When I get in my bed she gets in her bed and is under cover in a matter of seconds. I don't hear from her until 6 am when my alarm goes off then she knows its potty time.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi when i take my buster out for last call as i tell him then i get ready for bed he cant jump onto my bed so he gets on coach and jumps onto bed from there he goes deep under covers and we sleep till morning and i bring him outside first thing he does good

1 - 9 of 9 Posts