Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOL Ok, so he didn't really get kicked out of Petco... but I took him to get his nails clipped this morning and they wouldn't groom him because he might snap. He's been to other groomers before, have you guys had this experience??

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I haven't had that experience be4...but i did have a groomer charge me extra because chico was being fussy while getting his nails clipped...lol.

·
Registered
696 Posts
thats over the top isnt it how the heck do they know until they have tried if hes gonna snap at them was he acting up or anything maybe thats the impression they got i dont seem them people not doing it for nothing as if they are dog groomers they should have lots of exsperince with diffrent kinds of dogs?

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Did she just take one look at him and say, "he'll snap at me so I'll have to charge you extra" or what? Cause if that's the case then she shouldn't be in that line of work...if she's going to assume that a certain breed is more likely to bite than others. All dogs bite at some point or another.

I've never had this happen to me though, since I do all Lina's grooming at home.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
why don't you take your lil one to the vet for nail trims? the techs there know how to handle dogs and prepare for possible aggressive ones. a good tech knows the difference between a mean dog, and a scared dog, and good restraint can prevent injury to dog or human.

it might cost a little more than petco, but it's worth it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
That is simply insane! I cant believe it! I agree with Nabi, She really is going to have a short career if she keeps that up.

My Vet showed me how to trim Peanuts nails, if he really is that "Rowdy" and you cant find somewhere to trim his nails maybe you should ask your Vet to show you how to do it. It is really easy and only takes a few minutes.

Yael

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I trim Marcus' nails but when he's going to the vet and needs it the vet tech does it and he never even notices cause they are having a love in at the same time. She holds him in one arm on his back and talks and snuggles and he kisses and plays in her long hair and she clips away. I suppose it's the chihuahua reputation again but a groomer should know better

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Tinker said:
I trim Marcus' nails but when he's going to the vet and needs it the vet tech does it and he never even notices cause they are having a love in at the same time. She holds him in one arm on his back and talks and snuggles and he kisses and plays in her long hair and she clips away. I suppose it's the chihuahua reputation again but a groomer should know better
Marcus really is quite the ladies' man, isn't he? :lol:

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
As Nate suggested, your best bet is to have someone at your vet's office trim them. My vet trims Jasmine's nails whenever I take her in - that's just part of the office visit. Between visits, my grand-daughter trims them - I wrap Jasmine up like a burrito and hold her (thanks for that suggestion, Nate) and she trims. Jasmine does NOT like to get her nails trimmed, so it takes two of us to trim them.

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
chimom said:
Jasmine does NOT like to get her nails trimmed, so it takes two of us to trim them.
It's the same with my boys. They hate it. I have NEVER over cut their nails so I don't know what they are so afraid of. I used to do it by myself but we recently discovered that when my bf holds them and I cut them, it's alot easier.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts