Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I'm really nervous!!!! :( We take her at 7:30am. She had her last meal at 8:00pm tonight!! Now, it's only water! I wasn't nervous for my big dogs, because they were much bigger than her when they were puppies! She's only 3 pounds. I hear that smaller dogs are much easier to spay and neuter than bigger ones though... I just hope the incision is nice and small! I'll be thinking about her all day. I might even cry after I drop her off! :sad5::sad3::crybaby:

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
The scars are generally not even visible after they heal. I worried too, but if you trust your vet it should be a-ok.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hazel was spayed last week. She was 4 pounds, and I too was very nervous. Here are a couple pics of her stiches at 6 days post op:

She did very well. We will have the stiches taken out today.

Hang in there. I know what you are going thru!

·
Registered
768 Posts
I know how u feel, i had lola done in dec and the worst part was handing her over to the vets and walking out! i had a little cry aswell!
The only advice i will give u is to make yourself busy that day, i took penny out for the whole day and got home about 3ish when it was time to pick lola up!
It really took my mind off what Lola was having done.
Im sure she will be ok tho :D
We will be having the same chat when its Pennys turn! i`ll be a nervous wreak again! x

·
Registered
37 Posts
I like the above poster found hardest part was handing him to the vet. I as well felt a tear drop and Im a guy..lol
Hated that big plastic e-collar so stopped and got him a inflatable one.

·
Registered
266 Posts
It's a good thing that dogs seem to be better able to cope with a hysterectomy surgery then our species is.
I wish there was a better method of sterilization for dogs that didn't involve a surgery removing body parts.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
We are always nervous about it, that is just a natural reaction. She will do fine :)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
When Shayley went in for her surgery, I cried. Then again she was going in for two surgerys because of her tumor, so maybe I was a little emotional. I can blame it on that but really when I drop Kizzie off (She's getting spayed soon too) I will most likely have a tear. I get so sad seeing them all worried about where I am at. Bless them. We all just love our little babies so much.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the support everyone!!! I did cry... I couldn't even go in! My boyfriend had to take her in! LOL. But, they said she did VERY well! She was understandably not her usual self when we picked her up, but she still gave me kissies! :love10: She only has three stitches, just like Hazel... and the incision looks pretty good. She made a couple 'pain' sounds when moving around or when I picked her up last night, but other than that, not too bad. She didn't lick at all until today! That's all she's been doing so I had to resort to putting her cone on! It is hilarious. I really wish I had the inflatable one like you DonJuan, which I also think is hilarious! She HATES the cone, but she keeps licking, so, I guess she'll have to deal with it for now.

I am so happy she's home, and cannot wait until the recovery period is over with! It just makes me nervous when she tries to jump around and jump up, etc. Ah! Just a worried mom I guess! What am I going to do when I have human babies?! I'll be a wreck! LOL! :lol:

"Mom... pwease take dis off of me nows! I just weally weally hates it! I pwomise I won't wick anymore!" :(

Video... sorry for the poor quality! It's from my cell phone!

·
Registered
768 Posts
aww im so happy all went well with little Roxy! i did think about her! her collar looks so funny tho! bless her x

1 - 11 of 11 Posts