Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
We just dropped Roxy off for her spay. We can pick her up at 4. Let the nervousness begin.

I'm anxious to see the results because she's getting a laser spay.
im sure she will be ok :) ive never heard of a laser spay. is it common? i bet you cant wait to pick her up :)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Paws crossed here too!

Laser spay? That's so fancy! Is it just to cauterize and such? I bet that would heal much faster!

[HUGS!]

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I swear its just like yesterday you got her ... wow, crazy stuff she is old enough to be spayed already. We'd love to see some new pictures of her once she is recovered...fingers crossed the spay goes off without a hitch :)

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Roxy is home now! All seems well. She's pretty alert and looks much better than the other girls did after their spays. The site is pretty small.

With the laser spay, they don't use a scalpel at all. I'm not sure how common it is, but I like it so far.

We just offered 1 TBSP of HK and she ate it! Rpxy's such a little trooper!

ETA: She just had a bowel movement.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
What exactly did you have done? Did you have a full hysterectomy? I'm wanting to get Midgie (5) spayed, but my vet doesn't do laser, so this post has driven me to explore & find another vet close enough that might be able to do a laser. I don't know if I want to get a full hysterectomy tho?! My vet said I'd be wasting my money if I didn't get a full hysterectomy because there's no benefit leaving an ovary in there--there not like people. Not sure I believe that.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Roxy is crazy. You would never know that she had surgery yesterday. Se took a short nap yesterday when we got home and she's been her normal self ever since.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts