Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read a post about how a lot of you out there really are satisfied to the way your Chi's have responded to Royal Canin. I'm very interested in purchasing a bag for Seiah. However, I just went on Petsmart's website and saw one specifically for Chihuahuas. But in the desciption it read for Chi's over 8 months old. What have you all been feeding your Chi's. Also should I slowly change it out or just use RC? Or if he responds well then is it okay to just stop feeding him his other brand?

·
Registered
996 Posts
I don't think i understood your post too well, but always gradually work off the old food onto the new food. Until eventually he/she is totally on the new food :)

I feed Sera small breed food for puppies from... its the same company as iams but its called something else... starts with an E and its a weird name, lol sorry i forget but someone on here could probably fill you in. I find Sera loves this stuff, and its nice and small for her to chew.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
eukanuba :wink: i give that too, moist with a little pedigree and i give dry royal canin.
it's from the same company , but much better quality tahn iam's

kisses nat

·
Registered
642 Posts
Since he is only 3 months, I would still feed him puppy food (he needs the nutrients) and then when he gets closer to 8 months start mixing the Royal Canin in a little at a time. :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
The RC puppy formula is what I feed my 13 week old also. I plan on moving her up to the Small Breed Adult when she is 8 months.
Davena

1 - 7 of 7 Posts