Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of switiching Gizmo to Royal Canin Chihuahua at the recomended 8 months...

I also saw they have it for poodles...and it seems to have all the stuff needed for senior poodles...my Joey's eyes are really opaque...he doesn't have cararacts but he can't see well.....anyhow it seems to fit his needs well...anyone have a Poodle or know of anyone who has tried it?

Also Royal Canin for Chi's...it says nothing of helping their coat...Giz has dry skin...has it helped for any of your babies skin and coat? He loves science diet puppy...but I don't think it's doing much for his skin...I have to supplement with Linatone plus...that's how his hair has grown in again...

:wave:

· Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info...Petsmart doesn't carry the Chi mix here...but the Petco does for both the poodle and chi's.

I wish they sold sample baggies....I have two big bags of Iams and Eukanuba that the vet and breeder gave us and their wasting away.... :roll:

· Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SC said:
I feed all of mine the RC for chis. They love it! Callie was prescribed some Omega 3 Fatty Acid oil for her coat that I put on their food once a day. Their coats normally look great but right now they are due for a bath. :wink:
What do you bathe your dogs with? I have tried 5 differnt kinds and they all make him itch...he has dry skin...

· Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I looked at the website and they have no treats...

That would be great if they did...like puppy biscuits....

Chimommy- I haven't made the switch yet to RC....let me know how your pup likes it since your switching from Science Diet too...Gizmo picks at it... :roll: Although lately I have been putting it in his Kong and he eats it that way....they are strange aren't they? :D

· Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Ok...I did it....I bought Gizmo the RC mini Puppy...and

He likes it!!!....he is still not eating like he used to, but he ate the whole bowl....and was licking his chops...hehehe

So....this is a good thing...as mommy can now have peace of mind that her baby is eating again...

Yay for Royal Canin!!! :cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.