Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just looking at their website and saw that they have 2 dry foods that would work for leila. One is the Chihuahua Puppy and the other is Mini puppy. Those of you who have tried both or either give me your thoughts. The ingredients look decent, but I thought the ones on wellness puppy did too. I havent' decided to switch her, but am just looking around in case i do. I also looked at blue buffalo too. They all look to have good ingredients. I'm not one to be too anal about what my dogs eat and i'm not gonna spend a fortune but I do want her to get a good kibble.

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
If she is successfully eating what you feed her now (growing normally, no
stomach problems, no itching) I would not change her diet. Chi's frequently
have issues of not wanting to eat, allergies, and/or digestive upset. If the
current diet agrees with her, be happy :)

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
If she is successfully eating what you feed her now (growing normally, no
stomach problems, no itching) I would not change her diet. Chi's frequently
have issues of not wanting to eat, allergies, and/or digestive upset. If the
current diet agrees with her, be happy :)
This is so true my little ones. I have had dogs all my life and never had food sensitivity issues until I got Pip and Roo. Chi's really do seem especially sensitive. Plus when you switch you really need to very very slowly incorporate the new food with Chi's, at least with mine I do. If I don't switch extremely slowly, meaning just adding a very tiny amount each day, while cutting out some of the old food, Roo gets anal gland issues. So I really agree, if she is doing ok with what she is eating now, I'd keep her on it. :)

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think she is doing ok, besides the ear itching. I posted a thread about that earlier. I dont know what that is or whats causing it. Her ears look clean. She seems to like the wellness. I did notice that royal canin is 15 bucks for 2.5 lb bag. Good Lord that is expensive. The wellness was 15 on sale for 10 and its 6 lbs. And i think the ingredients look similar.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
after reading that i'm not going with the royal canin. It's too expensive and not rated as good as the wellness. Too much filler and not enough meat in it.
Blue buffalo got an ok review. If all goes fine i'll stick with wellness, if she starts having any prob.'s i'll go to the blue buffalo.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
lol cherper. it really did smell horrific...u can ask my bf i was always gagging on the phone with him hahaha~ blue wilderness isnt that bad really. dexter is okay with it for emergency food :)

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
All mine were on RC mini puppy when little and they are now all on RC adult chihuahua. Mine to great on it but I also mix is half and half with a wet food which has no grain or corn.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts