Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
If he has a sensitive tummy I recommend mixing with naturediet puppy, it's a wet food but if definately the best on the market if you can get hold of it and I've never known a dog refuse it. Try and 1/2 and 1/2 with a dry food he likes often u can e-mail the compaines and get a free sample and try him on that if he likes it then u can go and spend money

Sarah

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the advice

now i found natural diet in the links below. but which one do you think would be best. I wanna get it right :)

Naturediet Chicken, Carrot & Rice 390g x 18
A white meat diet suitable for young and older animals and those with a sensitive digestion.
Provides an average 128kcals/100g

OR

Naturediet Sensitive Gold 390g x 18
A blend of white ocean fish and tripe with a special blend of herbs for dogs with sensitive skin and digestion.

I am assuming both these are wet foods

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I'm feeding all three of mine the "Royal Canin Adult Mini". They love it and it is very tiny bites shaped like little stars. I mix a little of the "Merricks' can food in with it. They look wonderful and their coats are really shiny!

sandra
www.chloescustomharness.com

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
well.. i guess..
if you want something jsut for sensitive stomachs go with the first one,
but if you want one that has good coat enriching stuff.. and good for a sensitive tummy try the second..

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
try him on the naturediet puppy it's all chicken based as he still has some growing to do :) then u can always change to one of the others my mums flat coated retriever is on the sensitive gold cos she has allergies and it's all she can eat. Yep it's all wet food comes in packets and u only need to give a chi a little bit so it isnt that expensive. I used to give Nemo a 1/2 naturediet and 1/2 burns but I was thinking of trying Stitch on RC or JWB small bite, basically u need to find something they like and they can eat.
Sarah

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Hi :)

I think Royal Canin is a great food :) the one he would need is ' mini junior '
Another tip ( which I've done before ) is to mix warm water with it , and put
it into a blender so it is like baby food ..

I don't give my guy wet food at all , but that's just my personal opinion :)

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
jacob and ruby are both on royal canin mini junior its a great food quite expensive and its real hard to get round here at mo im going to buy the big sack of it tommorrow its £30 but i know it will last them two like forever lol!

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
il have to have drive up there and get it lol i only found one pet shop that sells it here i grabbed the last bag today thats why im gonna buy the sack

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just back from pets at home. they have no royal canin :shock: I was like nooooo cuz thats what I decdied on and made a special trip out there just to buy it. Anyway I decided to go for the second option which was the Eukanuba Puppy. I have heard good and bad things about it but decided after reading up on it and reading the pack Id give it a shot. So I got that for small breeds and also nautral deit. I mixed the two together and bingo, he loves it. He won;t eat anything all day but when I gave him that he loved it. Fingers crossed I found the one....

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
paint my world said:
I mixed the two together and bingo, he loves it. He won;t eat anything all day but when I gave him that he loved it. Fingers crossed I found the one....
That's good to hear , "Go Zola 8) " fingers crossed all goes well with him :) ( and what he poo's out is ok too)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts