Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a pic of two of my guinea pigs, Ruben and his brother Rye.

These two boys came to me from a lady who had rescued them as babies, but could no longer care for them anymore. Initially I took them in with the intention of finding them a home...but fell in love with them.

Ruben is gentle and very placid, while Rye is highly strung and "scatty."
I love them both and wouldn't part with them for anything. I'll try and get better pics this week :)

Here they are ~

Barbara x

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Awwwwww! They are adorable :)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I love them! So cute!! Do they make those cute little noises?

·
Banned
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for all your nice comments everyone. They are lovely boys, obviously cross Peruvians/Abyssinians! Ruben has the long hair, poor Rye is only longish at the back!

Barbara x

L

·
0 Posts
Oh, they are so cute! I just love guinea pigs and would love to have a couple of them, but think I have enough animals to care for. I was in the local pet supply store yesterday. They have shelter dogs and cats in the store and they had puppies that were adorable and a beautiful white cat that purred and was so sweet. They also had a lilac guinea pig and I really had a hard time leaving there without him! He had long hair and was very cute. I had a little boy guinea pig named Max. He was black and white and very sweet and affectionate. Guinea pigs are great little pets if you can't manage a dog or cat. They are affectionate, but get along well by themselves for a while, too.

·
Banned
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh, they are so cute! I just love guinea pigs and would love to have a couple of them, but think I have enough animals to care for. I was in the local pet supply store yesterday. They have shelter dogs and cats in the store and they had puppies that were adorable and a beautiful white cat that purred and was so sweet. They also had a lilac guinea pig and I really had a hard time leaving there without him! He had long hair and was very cute. I had a little boy guinea pig named Max. He was black and white and very sweet and affectionate. Guinea pigs are great little pets if you can't manage a dog or cat. They are affectionate, but get along well by themselves for a while, too.
Yes, they do make lovely little pets and it's sad that like all other animals they end up in rescue too. Lilac guinea pigs are beautiful and as a breed we found them to be especially sweet and wonderful little characters. I must have a look on my other computer and see if I have any Lilac pics from our rescue days :)
We once took a male, two adult sows and a litter of babies in, all unwanted, from the same home. Not in great condition either poor little things :(
Never mind, we eventually got them sorted. These were short hairs though, not long.

Barbara x

1 - 12 of 12 Posts