Chihuahua People Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I am so over those people who send little children running over and then shout over their phone from miles away--"does it bite ???"" I usually say not yet...but maybe today --lol...Seriously though Rico as shy as he is tolerates little kids very well...he has been poked and petted and such but never has he been not nice to a little child. If a small dog tries to make friends he usually backs away with his tail between his legs...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
PICK UP YOUR DOGS POO WHEN YOUR WALKING THEM!!!!!
Sorry for the all caps, but that's my biggest "pet" peeve.
One of my biggest peeves to and an on going issue with 1 particular neighbor recently:angry2: I do not like or let kids pet my dogs with out my permission! Jasper loves kids, but Moose...let's just say he is not a fan!!!

As far as trying to feed, touch or doing anything else where my dogs and strangers are concerned>>>BIG NO without our permission. Thankfully, we have never had an adult not listen to us and as for kids...I have no problem yelling at them if they do not listen to us. I don't care who the kid belongs to!

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I have no problem yelling at them if they do not listen to us. I don't care who the kid belongs to!
I agree 100%. Sometimes kids don't understand that not only could they be hurt, but they could also hurt the puppy. I stridently believe that parents should teach their children, and if they refuse not get angry when someone else does. The parent should be grateful because I'd rather someone yell at my child then my child be bitten.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've had people literally snatch him out of my arms! As a child my mom taught me and my siblings we had to ask if we wanted to pet a dog, both our mother and the dog owner. I don't understand how this concept is so foreign to people today. Also, please dot argue with me over the breed of my dog. I KNOW he is a chi, and I don't really care if your sisters' nieces' best friend has a chihuahua and he looks nothing like it.

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Another annoying thing is people who have their dogs loose in their yard that is not fenced in, and when you waln by with your dog, the other one come racing down the yard and comes after one of mine. The whole time the owners just slowly walk over shaking their heads or yelling the dogs name, which the dog obviously has selective hearing. If the dog isnt going to listen put it on a tie out tether or put a fence up. The Lab down the road is like that. She isnt mean but she is big and wild!! She does just stand up and push on you but she does this thing where she runs and jumps and bounces off of you like a spring board. And she is sneaky about it. You won't see her and all sudden she is there!
I had something like that happen yesterday, a woman had her dog in the garage and it ran up to my dogs when we were walking.
It was friendly, but twice their size and it scared them. She slowly walked over to get her dog, even after I told her it might be bitten by Lion (he snaps at other dogs if he is really frightened)

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
I was out feeding my hounds the other day and I had the chis running i n the yard when all of a sudden I see a leg come over my back fence. The daughter of the neighbor behind my house was going to climb over the fence to see if i had chickens in my dog house. :confused: The area she was going to drop down is pretty dangerous. I have it gated off between the small walk through (to get around the back and side of the house) and the fence. I told her don't drop as you could get hurt and their might be snakes under the dog house. I doubt there are snakes as I have it fully covered where nothing can get under and we treat under it to keep snakes etc away but i thought she might get freaked out about that and not try it again.

Scared me to death! My hounds will hurt nothing but what if she fell over and hurt herself or fell on one of my dogs and hurt them. We had a baby cardinal emergency Thursday night (fell out of nest into my yard on one of the basset paths) and I had to go over there to see if we could find the nest from their yard so I told her dad about it while I was there. He was schocked but was going to chat with the girls. We both laughed that they though my dog house was a chicken coop.

We never found the nest but I took the baby cardnial to a wildlife rehab. The parents were mad but it could not survive in my yard. My hounds would accidentally hurt it and my two hunter chis would kill it.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I was at the park one day with my two dogs and we walked by the playground area. Some kids dropped their toys and came running over to my dogs. One little girl asked if she could pet one, I said yes the big one because the little will bite. He was trying to hide behind me. The little boy kept saying he wanted to pet the little one and with his arms held out (he actually looked like a robot as he was doing this) kept moving in on Angel. I had to get stern with him. I told him I said "No, he WILL bite!" I had to quickly move on because he wouldn't stop! I don't know where is parent or guardian or whatever was! Aren't people afraid that something might happen to their child if they don't keep an eye on it??

In total contrast, last week one little girl asked if she could pet the dog and when she was satisfied, said "Thank you" as she walked away!! I was stunned! What a nice little girl!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I was out feeding my hounds the other day and I had the chis running i n the yard when all of a sudden I see a leg come over my back fence. The daughter of the neighbor behind my house was going to climb over the fence to see if i had chickens in my dog house. :confused: .....
He was schocked but was going to chat with the girls. We both laughed that they though my dog house was a chicken coop.
That is beyond crazy! What would she have done if you did have chickens? Does that suddenly make it ok!? I would have gone nuts on her. You don't just climb into someone else yard, even to get a lost ball. My question is if she is old enough to be outside UN-supervised she should know better than that!

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
When my DH was working in the military, he had a house close to the base he was working from. He had a pit bull x in the backyard while he was at work. He came home from work one day, and saw the pound trying to get into his fence to take his dog. He still had his uniform on, and he told them they would have to go through him before they get his dog. Any way come to find out some boy had jumped his fence and had walked into the shed where Sugar's food dish was. He was trying to steal something. When he opened the door it blocked her in, and she jumped and bit the boy. The boy went to jail for attempted robbery, and my DH got to keep Sugar. That's what can happen. And it could have been much much worse.

·
Banned
248 Posts
I am also not a fan of people who think they don't have to obey leash laws (if the city/county has leash laws).

When my now deceased Lab (RIP Sawyer) was a puppy (he had all his shots) went for a walk and this ladies JRT ran across a busy road to get to us and try and attack Sawyer. My puppy was so afraid he got behind my legs and when I tried to nudge the dog off of him it bit me in the leg.

The womans response? That the dog was old, had always been allowed to be off leash, and that I should probley pick a a new walking route :foxes15:.

Another time I was walking my dogs and a Beagle known to roam the neighborhood loose often came running up baying at us in a playful way. Which is all well and good until he started running zoomies around us. And my usually well behaved dogs nearly pulled my arms out of socket trying to run and play with him.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I have a guy who stays across the street him and this women that stays there are horrible There dogs gets walked when they need to go potty and they dont pick up there dogs waste and continuely just let them go everywhere. let them come up in my yard to "play" with my pups and even after repeatedly telling them not to have there dogs in my yard they continue. Its very fusterating

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
That is beyond crazy! What would she have done if you did have chickens? Does that suddenly make it ok!? I would have gone nuts on her. You don't just climb into someone else yard, even to get a lost ball. My question is if she is old enough to be outside UN-supervised she should know better than that!
To climb a 6 ft privacy fence she had to be tall from the look of what I saw I would say 8-10 years old. It was crazy, and I did not know what to say or think

21 - 32 of 32 Posts