Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

Sincy has a habit of running away from me when I try to pick her up. Today I was trying to get her into her cage so I could go to work, and she hid under my bed! I couldn't get her because she kept going from one side to another! Has anyone else had this problem? Finally I caught her, but I am getting really frustrated w/ this, any advice?????

:help:

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Well think about it ..how would you like to be locked up in a cage :D ...joke aside...my chico does that with me too...i guess they know whats coming to them...i just know always to use positive behavior when i call him...even just to cuddle him so he associates coming to me is always a good thing ,i think sooner or later they get the message :) :wave:

·
Registered
433 Posts
Callie started acting weird about a month ago. Everytime she sees me getting ready to leave she goes and hides under the bed. She doesn't stay there for long cause I've come back when I've forgotten something and shes out with a toy but will immediatly run back under the bed again. just weird. I need a pet psychic to figure her out!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Your baby doesn't want what's coming when you leave for work, i.e. confinement. Try making going into the cage more pleasant. When i leave, everyone gets a treat, so it's almost like they get excited when i leave! :lol: You might try a kong also. But it needs to be something pleasant that they can associate with the otherwise unpleasant-ness. :) Maybe it could be something that is only given in the cage. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts