Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two of my chi's have terribly runnny eyes in the last week. Anyone know what this is caused by? It is not all the time but enough that there are staions under scout's eyes (his fur is white). I cannot figure out what this is from??!! juliegoller

·
Premium Member
6,744 Posts
have u had a sudden change in weather? or just turned ur central heating or air con on? the change from warm to cold and cold to warm makes Twigs eyes runny or if its very windy

·
Registered
919 Posts
Boop's eyes are runnier and make more tear stains. Thanks for suggesting the weather. It's been windier when we walk, and the forced air heating has been on more, too.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone yes it is freezing out here in wisconsin. poor babies don't even want to go out at all. And yes my heat is on all the time now. juliegoller

·
Registered
181 Posts
juliegoller said:
... enough that there are staions under scout's eyes (his fur is white)...
We adopted our cocker, Sasha, when she was almost 5 (she's now about 12). Cockers are notorious for this kind of eye problem and she definately had it from the time we got her. It went on for years...nasty looking stains running down from the inner corner of both eyes. Took her to the vet about it shortly after getting her and we were told to keep the eyes moistened and clean, but otherwise, not much to do about it and we found there really wasn't much that helped it either. She just went around with ugly stains under her eyes year after year.

Then about 4 years ago, she got very ill with a neurological problem/infection couldn't walk well and her eyes were darting around in her head (nystagmus) and she was but on a course of antibiotics. Lo and behold, guess what vanished completely after the antibiotics??? Yup, the neuro problem resolved BUT ALSO the runny eyes and the eye stains too!!!...and she hasn't had any problem those eye stains ever since.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts