Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Corky seems to have a runny nose. He feels fine, eats/drinks good, plays, etc. Just when he lays down to go to sleep with us, his nose seems to run. I am wondering if it is the air conditioner. We always wrap him up in warm blankets when he sleeps, keep a shirt on him, etc.

Does anyone have any ideas or do Chi's tend to have runny noses?

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
HEather,

Yes it could be the air conditioner. I know that my mom gets a runny nose sometimes from the air conditioner...

It could also be alergies...

Hope Corky feels better soon...

Gadget loves his warm balnkies.. but he loves sitting in front of the open window at night whent he cool air comes in... then in the early morning he will come running under the blankets with mommmy to cuddle and get warm...

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
runny nose

My vet told me that a runny nose is nothing to be concerned about unless it is a colored discharge. If it is clear it should be fine.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
runny nose

One of my babies has a runny nose a couple years ago. She also seemed to have a stopped up nose at the same time. :) It was just clear drainage and she didn't act at all sick but i took her to the vet when it didn't clear up after a week. My vet said Kaydee actually had a "cold" and gave her some med to "dry it up". It worked and she was back to normal in a few days. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts