Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi my chi taz always seems to be really cold whenever i touch him or pick him up! even when hes wearing sweaters and other clothes.
any suggestions on how to keep him warm or what could be causing this?
ashlee

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
If he's shaking and not cold to the touch, he's doing a common Chi thing. Chihuahuas can be very nervous, anxious little creatures and they'll shiver as part of that.

If your dog is actually cold, try wrapping him in a blanket. Maybe the air conditioning in your house is set too low for him ... try bumping it up a degree or two. And if you're worried about him at night, try putting a heating pad set on low under his bedding.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Chico shakes sometimes...it's calmed down a lot since he's not so small anymore. he only does it now when he first gets in the car or when someone comes in the front door. (well, if someone he KNOWS comes in the front door, if he doesn't know them, he's barking, not shaking)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my vet says its probably just something to do with climate change because ive just recently moved back to england (thats why i havnt posted in a while) so hes adjusting to the temperature. it has been a few weeks since the move so i would have thought he would have adjusted by now :? . i will try the above suggestions though!
thanks xx

·
Registered
151 Posts
my vet told me to feel the inside of the ear..if it's cold..they are cold..don't know it's true or not but seems to work for the most part. I keep several flannel baby blankets in the crate for them to "mole" down in.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
when Gadget was small and did alot of new things he would shiver, but he grew out of it fast.. he only shivers now if he is cold, but in 100 plus weather he doesn't get cold that often right now.. but this winter he will have lots of clothes to keep him warm..

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
to chihuaua-lady,i moved back to south shields after 7 years in usa. where bouts in england are you from?
thanks guys!
ashlee xx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts