Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
First of all WELCOME!

I feel so bad about your little Rosie, how old is she?
When I got my second chihuahua she got sick after about 2/3 days that we had her. She had low blood sugar(dehydrated) and her situation was really critical. She went into a coma quite a few times and the vet told us that she didn't have almost any chances of survival, also considering her very small size. (I thank God that she made it!) When she was sick we called the breeder but unfortunately there was nothing she wanted to so for us. :(
Depending on breeder I guess, sometimes they give you a few days "guarantee", if the little dog gets sick, within those days, they would help you take care of it or they might give you another one if that one couldn't make it. (that's what Luna's breeder did...I think it was a 4 days thing :? ..if I remember correctly)

It's very hard to give you advices because unfortunately this is not a very nice situation, I went through it myself (except for the Parvo virus).
What I would suggest you to do is call the breeder and see if he can do anything for you. Explain him the situation....that's what we did but unfortunately it didn't go well for us. :( Unfortunately the breeder may very much tell you that the dog was fine for the first 2 days that you had her and that Rosie got the virus while there with you.

Believe me, I COMPLETELY understand what you feel. I was devastated when Stella was sick.
With Lost of prayers, lots of love, and (not so very nice for our wallets :shock: ) lost of money, she made it.
I give you my best wishes for a full recovery and PLEASE let us know how she is doing.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
When I read your post about syringes, that brought back memories. :(
It's going to be hard both for you and for her but I DO HOPE she will recover soon. Remember though.....its' going to take a little time.
When Stella was sick we had to get up in the middle of the night to feed her....now she is a chubby little chi.
I remember the situation was so critical that the vet told us that she wasn't probably going to make it. A week and a half passed and I remember the vet told us that if by monday she wasn't improving, it would have been better to put her to sleep. Well...call it faith...call it love, we decided to wait. I swear....Tuesday she started her long recovery. That brings tears to my eyes.
Again, best of wishes and give Rosie a big kiss from the three of us!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.