Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Well as you know I had a great day yesterday and the night before as I got to pick up my new baby....

Well today is not a good day, we have just had our post in, and as some of you know I have 2 african grey parrots..... well my partner has had a rash for a while now and has had several tests, blood tests etc etc it turns out he is allergic to birds :(

Ive always wanted my parrots and now Im going to have to sell them :(
So if you know of anyone who wants them do let me know, I have a male and a female, Ive had interest in the female one on another site. but not sure if they actually want her.

Theyre both 6 months old, but not related. hand reared and tame, the male is fussy he prefers women.

he has a lazy foot due to a broken leg as a baby which is fine now, vet gave him the all clear.

here are some pics of them both

the male with his casts on as a wee baby

the male perching (he can use his foot as you can see)

the male not using his foot as he was being lazy

now for the female pics

tha male has slightly tacky feathers right now, due to him falling of his perch as a baby but this will dissapear when he has his 1st moult.

Its going to be sooooo hard to see them go, I love them to pieces, and if my hosue was big enough they could have their own little bird room but My house is not big enough :(

Maybe I should have the fella move out :)

I would like £650 for the female (but she maybe sold already Im waiting on an email) and £500 for the male who will come with his cage and toys as he is used to the cage already.

Please message me if your interested.

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Oh I'm so sorry. What a hard thing to go through. They are just beautiful and I hope you find them wonderful homes. Good luck.

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
i've heard of people having severe allergies to birds after having them for many years they have to rehome them. its heatbraking, so sorry this had to happen. i love african grey parrots, i have one that i've had since he was hatched, i handfed him, and he is now 20 years old.
i hope u can find them both really good homes!

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
What a shame you have to get rid of them,would o/h be ok with them if he didn't touch them ? My friends hubby has an allergy to cats so when he comes here he's ok if the cat doesn't get on his lap or he strokes her.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I said that to the doctor, but its a certain type of reaction that I can not even attempt to spell let alone try to pronounce it.

He said either the birds go or my partner would have to move out.

So sad, My poor birdies...... I might see if I can turn the shed into an avairy however its prob a little cold for that and its the money side of things....how much do you think it would cost to turn a shed into an avairy?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
omg hon I am so sorry to hear this! Maybe you can turn a certain room in the house or area in the house that he doesn't go in to much....I know how hard that would be to get rid of your babies! There must be a way! Look into turning your shed into that you never know it may be not what you think cost wise! GOod luck! I pray something turns out!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone. Theyre gonna stay with my mum and dad for a little bit until the snow clears and I can turn my shed into an avairy. Prob March time, but I can go to there everyday so thats good

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah, once ive got the shed heated and turned into an avairy I can keep them YAY
Cant wait for it all to start going ahed so I can have them back here with me

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
OMG YAY!!! I am so happy that you get to keep them! That is great news hon!! I know it's so hard to part with our loved pets.....such great news! :cheer:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts