Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, the sad news...well, a few of you know that I got Asia with the purpose of showing and breeding eventually. Unfortunately her bite went undershot, pretty badly. Not so bad as to cause her any discomfort, but, bad enough that I could not show her, and definitely would not feel comfortable breeding her.

Because I want my dogs to all be able to live in my house, I can't keep "collecting" them on this journey to becoming a breeder, so, with the help of Asia's breeder, we have decided that it is best for her to go to a pet home due to her bite. Her bite won't affect her ability to live a long happy healthy life, but it does mean she is better suited to be a well loved, gorgeous little pet!

Now the HAPPY news -- I am thrilled that I know where she is going...she will be going to Tricializ here on the forum! I knew Tricia had always thought she was adorable, so when I came to terms with the fact that she probably would have to be petted out, I found out what Tricia thought and then we cleared it all with her breeder who is absolutely fine with it! I know Asia will be spoiled and well loved and that gives me such peace of mind.

I really wanted to wait and see if her bite would come back, but, I just don't see it happening and neither does her breeder. The fairest and best thing for Asia is to do this now while she is still young and will adapt quickly to the change. Its hard and sad and she is so cute and I love looking at her and will totally miss her like crazy, but I guess this is the hard part of buying a puppy hoping it turns out show or breeding quality :-(

Anyway, I am THRILLED for Tricia and her family and I know they will fall madly in love with this little dog faster than they ever expected as she's really quite a ridiculous little soul and weasels her way into your adoration with incredible skill ;)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Wow Kristi - that certainly is good news and bad news at the same time! So sorry she went undershot. You take your chances on a puppy, that's for sure. I'm so happy that she is going to Tricia. That's just perfect! And we'll still get to see her. Yayyyyyyy!!!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
So sorry it didn't work out with Asia for you, hun, but that is so wonderful she is going to Tricia. How perfect all around really. I know you'll miss her, (I totally understand how hard it must be) but at least you know she is in great hands and you can be in touch and we all here at the forum can keep up to date with her too. yay. I agree too, it's for the best to do it while she is still young. ((HUGS))

Congrats Tricia! We all know you're a wonderful chi mom and Asia will be in great hands! :)

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will sooooo miss her, but if I want to keep my program reasonably small and be able to raise dogs in house, I just can't keep keeping ones that don't turn out. It was really hard to make the decision but it is so much easier knowing she is going to a very similar home that is active and with other chis :)

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
While it is sad that you have had to make the decision to let Asia go it was a good one especially as she is going to a nice home with someone you trust to love and care for her.

So nice to read a happy post.

Deme

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
fair play kristi for making your decision, it must have been hard because shes a beautiful pup, but you have to do whats right for you. at least you know where she is, and you know she will be so loved

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Girl....Asia will adapt just fine. Sooo thrilled we will still get to see her grow. She is a beautiful pup. This stuff happens. Hope you get the perfect girl for you soon!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Kristi...Im so sorry Asia has to be petted out but Im thrilled she is going to such a wonderful home! Even more thrilled we still get to see her grow up.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Aww Im so sorry Kristi, that sucks. It sounds like you made the right choice for you though, and found a wonderful home for her, and even better that we all still get to see her on the forum.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I suppose that's one of the pitfalls of wanting a show/breeding dog, I'd never really considered it as I've only had pets. I know that breeders sometimes keep back a puppy and it doesn't work out so they sell to a pet home, but it must be even harder when you actually chose the puppy yourself.

I'm so glad you could rehome her with someone you know and trust, and I hope you'll enjoy seeing her grow up even if it's not with you.

And I wish you good luck with finding the puppy that's right for you, I hope that happens soon. I think it's lovely that you want to keep the dogs living in your home, that's so worthwhile.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I have to say I am so excited. Although I can also imagine how hard it is to let your pup go. I am so thankful that Kristi thought of me as I have been madly in love with that little dog since she first posted pictures. I have had pretty much the worst 6 months of my life (long long story but started with Maya passing and then finding out my 20 year old son was going to be a father...with an ex-girlfriend and she didn't tell anyone until 2 weeks before she was due and on and on and on with that hot mess), him dropping out of school, not talking to me for 2 months etc. It has been a pretty dark time in my house and only recently has it felt like maybe things were lifting. This truly has lifted my spirits and I haven't been excited like this for a long time. I think her and Peach will be fast friends and Bruiser will just roll his eyes at both of them, roll over and go back to sleep. I do hope the perfect puppy comes soon for Kristi though too as I know it's such a hard decision.
Looks like I am getting her on the 9th. :)
Must get the pet playpen ready.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have to say I am so excited. Although I can also imagine how hard it is to let your pup go. I am so thankful that Kristi thought of me as I have been madly in love with that little dog since she first posted pictures. I have had pretty much the worst 6 months of my life (long long story but started with Maya passing and then finding out my 20 year old son was going to be a father...with an ex-girlfriend and she didn't tell anyone until 2 weeks before she was due and on and on and on with that hot mess), him dropping out of school, not talking to me for 2 months etc. It has been a pretty dark time in my house and only recently has it felt like maybe things were lifting. This truly has lifted my spirits and I haven't been excited like this for a long time. I think her and Peach will be fast friends and Bruiser will just roll his eyes at both of them, roll over and go back to sleep. I do hope the perfect puppy comes soon for Kristi though too as I know it's such a hard decision.
Looks like I am getting her on the 9th. :)
Must get the pet playpen ready.
It was hard Tricia but I feel 100% confident with where she is going! I am already thinking of her as "your" puppy and I am just watching her for a short while here! I am having fun and "playing breeder" ha ha and making her a little care package to go with her with all the things she is used to. So she is coming pre-spoiled thats for sure. The nice thing is she does not have a dominant personality so she should fit in easily once she adjusts :) :) And since you use those potty patch things she will figure it out in a snap!

I just really started to feel not OK keeping her til 9 months with the way her bite is, knowing in the back of my mind she'd just have to be petted out then, so I think this is best for her, too! Its sooo not the easy thing to do, because they ARE all treated like "my pets", but I feel like if I have more than 10 running around, I simply won't be able to give them the attention they deserve. Thus I am so happy she is going somewhere good and to someone who deserves HER! God you will just die when you see how she looks up at you. It's killer adorable.

And really its nice because you kinda know what you are getting, a 8-10 week old puppy can be such a gamble size wise but I think Asia will be a fabulous size for your household too.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
It was hard Tricia but I feel 100% confident with where she is going! I am already thinking of her as "your" puppy and I am just watching her for a short while here! I am having fun and "playing breeder" ha ha and making her a little care package to go with her with all the things she is used to. So she is coming pre-spoiled thats for sure. The nice thing is she does not have a dominant personality so she should fit in easily once she adjusts :) :) And since you use those potty patch things she will figure it out in a snap!

I just really started to feel not OK keeping her til 9 months with the way her bite is, knowing in the back of my mind she'd just have to be petted out then, so I think this is best for her, too! Its sooo not the easy thing to do, because they ARE all treated like "my pets", but I feel like if I have more than 10 running around, I simply won't be able to give them the attention they deserve. Thus I am so happy she is going somewhere good and to someone who deserves HER! God you will just die when you see how she looks up at you. It's killer adorable.

And really its nice because you kinda know what you are getting, a 8-10 week old puppy can be such a gamble size wise but I think Asia will be a fabulous size for your household too.
Aww thanks. :) Susan mentioned you were putting together a care package of that "hippie food". ;) Then she said, "That's what you feed right?" I wish my dogs would just eat regular kibble. But they are so spoiled and I can't get over how they just don't poop that much with the S&C. And there is no odor either. So it is worth the price to me. (especially when Peach potties inside on the grass pad). Give Asia lots of hugs. Susan let me know that April 9th is the day.
Hoping one of Susan's next litters has the perfect pup for you.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Aw, I'm sorry to hear about Asia's bite going wonky. :( But lucky for Tricia!! She couldn't be going to a more wonderful home. And I'm psyched we'll continue to be able to watch her grow!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Wow!!!! I am glad Tricia is going to get her. She is such a love.
Tricia, I got to hold her and snuggle her when Kristi was in Denver for a show. You will be SOOOOOOOO Thrilled. She is the sweetest little fur ball ever.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Wow!!!! I am glad Tricia is going to get her. She is such a love.
Tricia, I got to hold her and snuggle her when Kristi was in Denver for a show. You will be SOOOOOOOO Thrilled. She is the sweetest little fur ball ever.
I don't know how I am going to wait until April 9th. Longest wait ever! LOL

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Aww I was so sad to hear the bad news but it got so good when I heard the great news!!! I'm so happy she's going to a great home (Of course I knew you'd never let her go anywhere less)

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Kristi, I'm sorry it didn't work out but you picked a wonderful home and we will still get to see her.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts