Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( My poor baby!!! I watched the whole thing and the worst part was putting the catheter in because she yelped in pain! Oh and waking her up broke my heart becuase she was so disoriented. :cry: I'm going to go visit her in a couple minutes and spend my lunch break with her. At least she has nice clean teeth now and didn't have to have any extracted!! :D

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
aw man that stinks....dont they do the catheter when they are asleep?
Give her huggies from us :wave:

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Poor Sadie :( !! Glad to hear she didn't have to have any extracted! And it's nice for her to have you there with her. It probably helps her alot - instead of having that all done and waking up and not knowing where she is or where mommy or daddy is! Hope she wakes up and is back to herself soon! :D

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Poor lil Sadie. I'm glad she just needed a cleaning and no extractions but it's awful when they're so disoriented. :cry:

What's the deal with the catheter anyway? Lily has had 3 dental procedures and they used a catheter only on the 2nd one (last year). There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
KB mamma said:
aw man that stinks....dont they do the catheter when they are asleep?
Give her huggies from us :wave:
Victoria - They put the catheter in after they are sedated but not when they're totally asleep.

Rachael - I'm not really sure why they put it in. I think it's a precaution just incase something happens during the procedure. Actually, Sadie's heart rate was a little low so she got a stimulant through her catheter during the procedure (I think). I just stand and watch not really knowing what they are doing. =P

Well, I visited her at lunch and I took her to the park across the street. She sat with me while I ate my lunch. She was a little groggy but she was more awake than when I left her at 11. The little lucky ducky gets rice and chicken for dinner though! :D Thanks for all the warm wishes. I'll be sure to relay them to Sadie when I pick her up! :wave:

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
aw poor sadie! give her an extra piece of chicken ;)

chiwi hasn't lost any baby teeth yet, i'm getting her spayed soon and i had hopes that if any teeth were going to retain they would show themselves before the spay so we could take care of them during that procedure. i'd hate for her to have to ahve a few op's. one or 2 is nervewracking enough!

·
Registered
634 Posts
It's always hard when you see your baby sedated. Glad to hear her dental went so well...and she didn't have to have any teeth removed. I'm sure she's feeling pretty good by now. Enjoy that chicken Sadie!! :D

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, Sadie gobbled up the chicken tonight!! She somehow ate the chicken and left some of the rice even though I mixed it up really well. She did the funniest thing too. She was sitting on my lap and we were commenting on how drugged up she looked and her head just fell lower and lower and pretty soon her nose was resting on the blanket. So, she was sleeping with her nose all smooshy on the blanket! She's so silly!! :D

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Oh, poor Sadie :brushteeth: I am sure your teeth are bright and shinny. I am glad that your mommy was able to be by your side. Kiwi and Peaches send licks and kisses :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts