Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't really tell. She was throwing up Wednesday and I ended up taking her to the vet. They did blood tests and found nothing but gave her a shot for nausea. The blood tests they did wouldn't work in the Vet office so they sent out to lab but said they showed nothing wrong. They had to take blood twice from her, is it possible this is a bruise from them taking blood. It is under her chin on her neck and on her chest. It looks like blood right under the skin. By the way the vet's office has called me three times now to check on her - am I paranoid or since they don't normally call at all does that sound like maybe something went wrong and they're making sure she's okay. I just noticed the spots on her neck this afternoon.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Yes it most likely is a bruise/hematoma from them taking the blood. With tiny dogs it is hard to get/stay in the vein sometimes and you can get bruising under the neck from blood draw. It normally will go away on it's own in a week or so. As for the calling, they may just want to check in to make sure she's doing okay, either that or one person didn't mark that you were already called (we've had that happen) at the place I work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts