Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to stop by, introduce myself and say hello!

I was NEVER a pet person even though my family had a chi when I was growing up. He did not like me even a little.

When I began dating my husband 8 years ago (we were 38 and 39) he "came with a dog". His mom had to go to a nursing home and he took in her 2 year old chi, Mick.

We, as you would expect, I fell in love with both of them. Our boy (technically, I was his sister-in-law but let's face it-he thought that I was his mom) was diagnosed with congestive heart failure in March. I began making his food, dispensing medication and had him at the vet every time he barely coughed. He recently gave up his awful fight and we were devastated. We could not eat, sleep and we did nothing but sit at home and cry.

We had too much love and our home was empty, sad and too quiet! Enter Hope Landry (yes, she has a middle name). Now our house is wiggly, squirmy, kissy and we are smiling though our tears.

Mick will NEVER be forgotten, always missed and thought of and now we can honor him by loving Hope. She has already blessed us in just one week of being in our home.

She will be 10 weeks old this week. Other than some issues with trying to gradually change over her food, we are doing great! I'd say 80% of the time, she toddles to her training pad and potties. She also sleeps beautifully!

I am hoping to search, read and learn from all of you here. I have never had a puppy so I have MUCH to learn!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Welcome!
Awww, too bad about your boy, Mick. But at least he no longer has health problems.
Congratulations on Hope (love the name)! Can't wait to see pix!!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Welcome...you will find lots of good advise for your puppy girl when you need it. Sounds like Hope has brought joy back into your life. RIP Mick

·
Registered
30 Posts
Oh that's so sad about Mick, I'm sorry. I understand that feeling of loosing a dog and it's not nice. I lost my 16 yr old Yorkie last year and I still think of him all the time but when I do now they are happy thoughts of what a wonderful dog he was. It does get easier and Hope will help you get through the hard times. You've given her such a lovely name.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for your kind words. I will post Mick's picture on the Rainbow Bridge forum.

Yes, that is my baby Hope in the avi. She is 1.5 feisty pounds. She is a kissy girl and we are already in love!!

She is a cream smooth coat (just like her mama and dad). She is akc which is kind of silly, I guess because we will not breed nor show her. She is just our house baby!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts