Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read multiple threads here on the value of salmon oil. I feed Lady ZP which looks to have ingredients that promote a healthy skin and coats, as well as healthy joints. She has a soft coat to me. She does not seem to have dry skin or seem to be itchy (but this could change with the onset of winter and less humidity in the south). Do any of you with long coats use both ZP and wild salmon oil? I did hold a long coat recently at a dog show and although I feel Lady has a soft coat, this little dogs coat was amazing.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
We don't really fit the criteria since we feed Fromm and Chloe is short haired. But we just recently started salmon oil. I didn't thunk Chloe's coat could get much shinier, but it really has! Also Chloe loves eating it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Guys, I also want to use the grizzly salmon oil as my chihuahuas are both short coats and are always itching and scratching. I;ve tried a medicated flea shampoo but doesn't really seem to have fixed the problem.

I also want to use Nupro which is a supplement to stop the shedding of their hair. But i can't seem to find anywhere online that sells this to Australia. I tried Amazon and they have it but don't ship to Australia.. does anybody know of where i can buy this online?
The dog hair is driving me crazy at the moment.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I think it's perfectly fine to use fish oil while feeding Ziwipeak. Even though ZP has omega 3s, the food IS still processed and processing destroys the fragile oil. Plus, once you open the bag, the oils can continue to degrade. Meaning those oils included aren't nearly as high.

I used to feed ZP, and while Onyx did really good on it, she still had dry skin constantly. The addition of a human fish oil pill twice a week really helped. She is now back on 100% raw and no longer has any skin issues.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts