Aussie Elegance

Sand Sifting Starfish and Green Star Polyp Coral

Strawberry Gonipora Coral

Blue Mandarin Goby

Full Tank Shot

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous! I've got loads of 4' & 5' aquariums all over the place, but they're all fresh water. I used to run Co2 and do all the high light, lots of micro/macro ferts etc. but it drove me insane, I'm no chemist.

The thought of saltwater tanks terrifies me, its so exacting & full on chemistry so I admire anyone who even dares to try, much less turns out a masterpiece as you're clearly on your way to doing. Fantastic effort & very, very beautiful corals. I can only dream, or live vicariously thru yours so keep posting lots of pics :)

·
Administrator
9,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Absolutely gorgeous! I've got loads of 4' & 5' aquariums all over the place, but they're all fresh water. I used to run Co2 and do all the high light, lots of micro/macro ferts etc. but it drove me insane, I'm no chemist.

The thought of saltwater tanks terrifies me, its so exacting & full on chemistry so I admire anyone who even dares to try, much less turns out a masterpiece as you're clearly on your way to doing. Fantastic effort & very, very beautiful corals. I can only dream, or live vicariously thru yours so keep posting lots of pics :)
Dee you can go out in your own backyard and see most of these! I am so jealous.

Thanks! We love it. It is primarily my husband's baby but I have my hand in it too. The chemistry can be a pain but not as bad as I thought it would be. We are considering going bigger. Our current tank is 66 gallsons. Looking at 150-200 gallons

·
Premium Member
5,270 Posts
I love saltwater and sure miss mine *sigh*... although I dealt alot in Rare Corals, the simple common Sun Coral was my favorite...I love the way they open up the mouth and eat...they love the krill.......I kept them FAT n' HAPPY ....lol........

I am hoping to start mine back up next yr.... maybe 125 gal!!

the bigger the tank the easier it is to take care of, IMHO... the chemicals/ph...don't change as fast as a smaller tank.......

·
Administrator
9,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love saltwater and sure miss mine *sigh*... although I dealt alot in Rare Corals, the simple common Sun Coral was my favorite...I love the way they open up the mouth and eat...they love the krill.......I kept them FAT n' HAPPY ....lol........

I am hoping to start mine back up next yr.... maybe 125 gal!!

the bigger the tank the easier it is to take care of, IMHO... the chemicals/ph...don't change as fast as a smaller tank.......
That is what we have heard and honestly the Aussie is growing like a weed and soon will not fit in our 66gal. The Sun Coral and the Aussie are my husbands two favorites!

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Wow, the tank is looking fabulous!! My daughter and I used to keep African Cichlids, but when she gave up I just found it so much work on my own - I do miss a big tank though and love your salt water tank :) I could just sit and watch it all day

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Dee you can go out in your own backyard and see most of these! I am so jealous.
LMAO, now that is the craziest dang thing anyone on here has ever said to me .... are you entirely mad woman?

Have you not heard how many people have been taken/attacked/had their boats molested by sharks (bigs whites & bullsharks) over here recently, it's been a nightmare.

Did you know there's even a golf course, not far from me, that has damns full of huge bull sharks (I think they're the only sharks that are able to live in fresh water) and these things are massive .. the golfers see them swimming at the edge looking for food all the time, yikes! For the golfers there's some video links under the text Sharks @ Carbrook

I don't even dip my toe in the water at beaches, despise sand and loathe sitting on it with only a brolly waving in the usually cyclonic breeze for shelter. Have you heard Billy Connolly's "beach skit" - I wrote it, lmao!

·
Administrator
9,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LMAO, now that is the craziest dang thing anyone on here has ever said to me .... are you entirely mad woman?

Have you not heard how many people have been taken/attacked/had their boats molested by sharks (bigs whites & bullsharks) over here recently, it's been a nightmare.

Did you know there's even a golf course, not far from me, that has damns full of huge bull sharks (I think they're the only sharks that are able to live in fresh water) and these things are massive .. the golfers see them swimming at the edge looking for food all the time, yikes! For the golfers there's some video links under the text Sharks @ Carbrook

I don't even dip my toe in the water at beaches, despise sand and loathe sitting on it with only a brolly waving in the usually cyclonic breeze for shelter. Have you heard Billy Connolly's "beach skit" - I wrote it, lmao!
LOL LOL LOL Not a fan of sharks either. I got caught in an inlet between two islands known for shark fishing on a broken down jet ski. I saw the fins but I still go out in the water. You might find this interesting, a guy in Darwin AU goes out and picks his own coral and fish for his tank at home. If I could do that I would never be at work! :D

How rare is this? - Reef Central Online Community

Thanks everyone we love it and we do watch it all the time. We call it Huly tv as my cat will fall asleep watching the tank.

·
Administrator
9,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks like it's really thriving! So beautiful. Love the mandarin!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
He is a cool fish and my husband's favorite! I love the Midas Blenny as he has an attitude it took us 3 weeks to catch him as he kept outsmarting us and we needed to pull him out to move stuff around.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
To die for! Love the Mandarins especially.

Do you keep a little generator in case of power outages? I had a whole heap of battery operated bubblers (power went down for days in one of our floods), but figured it's cheaper/easier & saves filter bacteria if it's all kept running.

·
Administrator
9,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
To die for! Love the Mandarins especially.

Do you keep a little generator in case of power outages? I had a whole heap of battery operated bubblers (power went down for days in one of our floods), but figured it's cheaper/easier & saves filter bacteria if it's all kept running.
Thanks!

We are still new and have yet to figure that out. Thankfully we rarely lose power but that is on our list of things to look for as the summer storms start. We were thinking maybe a simple APC?

The Mandarins are my husband's favorite fish. They are really cool and we were excited to find our boy a girlfriend. We always see the boys around but people rarely have the females :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts