Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay - I know not all of you are in the season for sandals yet but.....it's about to start getting HOT here. I got my first pedi last week and i'm fiending for some new sandals!

I LOVE Yellow Box flip flops - but what are your favs?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just looked up yellow box!! Cute!!! But are they comfortable?:D
oh my gosh yes! My Future MIL got me a pair last year - they're still going strong and I wore those suckers every single day during summer including 2 "vacation trips" and multiple airplane trips.

They aren't the super super squishy foam kind that die on you after a week but they aren't hard at all either. I love them and I think my MIL lives in them - she has one in every color I swear.

They're a little pricey when it comes to flip flops, but they really do last forever.

I have another brand I forget them name i'll have to dig them out, but they're another hardy brand of flip flops. I gave up buying the cheapies a long time ago, they have no support for your foot, they're uncomfortable, and they fall apart!

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Thank you very much Amanda!! Haha I just through last years cheap sandals out last week and you have convinced me to stop buying the cheap Walmart sandals that fall apart on me all the time because I wear them every where including boating. I found these really cute sandals:
Trotters Women's Katarina Sandals :: Clearance :: Women's Shoes :: FootSmart

I've never paid this much for a pair of sandals in my life, but I think they're really cute. I don't like that thong thing that goes between the toes. Very uncomfortable and hurts.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love flip flops!!! I wear them all year round:) my favs are Brighton's and I also have a few pairs of yellow box as well. They're fun!!!
I forgot Brighton made sandals!! Ohhh thank you! My former boss got my hooked on Brighton jewelry but I haven't been to the shop in a good while, looks like they'll be seeing me this week!

My main reason for seeking out other brands is our regular YB boutiques haven't stocked yet this year as this is the first week it's been warm haha, I have to have a backup plan!

Thank you very much Amanda!! Haha I just through last years cheap sandals out last week and you have convinced me to stop buying the cheap Walmart sandals that fall apart on me all the time because I wear them every where including boating. I found these really cute sandals:
Trotters Women's Katarina Sandals :: Clearance :: Women's Shoes :: FootSmart

I've never paid this much for a pair of sandals in my life, but I think they're really cute. I don't like that thong thing that goes between the toes. Very uncomfortable and hurts.
Treat yourself once in a while!

I am that way too and I definitely understand the need to be thrifty but when it comes to shoes and comfort, i'll pay more for that, my little piggies have suffered enough. My wardrobe suffers elsewhere haha, like my old worn out tshirts...i'll reuse them someday...as dustrags!

That's not to say I don't have any cheapy sandals or flats for just general misc. but my YB flip flops are so hardy I even wear them for yardwork because I know they'll just wipe clean. (yes i'm a bad girl I've been known to mow the lawn in flip flops, don't tell my mom!)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im getting a pair of Sanuk's this year
I'm in LOVE - I just looked some of those up, toooo cute. I might even get a matching pair for my mom! Are they comfortable?

I'm not sure i've ever seen a sanuk.

I've been out of the sandal loop too long, my mom hated sandals and I never really developed a taste for them till I moved to Texas as it's WAYYY too hot to wear anything else here in the summer.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
That's not to say I don't have any cheapy sandals or flats for just general misc. but my YB flip flops are so hardy I even wear them for yardwork because I know they'll just wipe clean. (yes i'm a bad girl I've been known to mow the lawn in flip flops, don't tell my mom!)[/QUOTE]

That's so funny you said that! The first thing my hubby always says to me when I get a new pair of shoes, "Are you going to wear your new shoes to cut grass now" sarcastically!! I try not to, but sometimes you forget! Haha.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's not to say I don't have any cheapy sandals or flats for just general misc. but my YB flip flops are so hardy I even wear them for yardwork because I know they'll just wipe clean. (yes i'm a bad girl I've been known to mow the lawn in flip flops, don't tell my mom!)

That's so funny you said that! The first thing my hubby always says to me when I get a new pair of shoes, "Are you going to wear your new shoes to cut grass now" sarcastically!! I try not to, but sometimes you forget! Haha.
Yep, my mom gets so mad at me. I was a brat growing up and I learned from my aunt the best way to get a tan was to cover yourself in baby oil, wear a tank and some shorts with your flip flops and mow the lawn.

Now we know this is horrible advice but hey - when I was growing up I always had a good summer tan!

My mom also ruins every new pair of sneakers to the lawn, it's inevitable. Thankfully now I live in a community so I don't have to cut my own, but I still end up with green shoes playing with the pups.

·
Registered
327 Posts
It just hit the 60s here so I sported my $3 flip flops from Target...from three years ago. I just can't part with them. Those yellow box ones are cute though, I may have to invest.

I mow the lawn in a sport turtle neck and jeans with knee high socks and my old sneakers. I hate mosquitos more than anything on earth, right next to being cold. Also had malignant melanoma so I'm supposed to stay out of the sun. So silly because I wanted white skin in high school and never tanned on purpose!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It just hit the 60s here so I sported my $3 flip flops from Target...from three years ago. I just can't part with them. Those yellow box ones are cute though, I may have to invest.

I mow the lawn in a sport turtle neck and jeans with knee high socks and my old sneakers. I hate mosquitos more than anything on earth, right next to being cold. Also had malignant melanoma so I'm supposed to stay out of the sun. So silly because I wanted white skin in high school and never tanned on purpose!
Hahaha yeah, the YB are def worth treating yourself if you love some flip flops. The Target ones always die on me although I did get some gladiator sandals last year from Target that have lasted, but they smell no matter how I clean them so bleh to that too.

I didn't understand mosquito problems till I moved to Texas, they are helicopters here! Bug spray has become a part of my daily routine if I know it will involve being outdoors.

I couldn't get a tan now if I tried, i'm stalk white then turn bright red, then back to pasty pale. Who knows.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I'm in LOVE - I just looked some of those up, toooo cute. I might even get a matching pair for my mom! Are they comfortable?

I'm not sure i've ever seen a sanuk.

I've been out of the sandal loop too long, my mom hated sandals and I never really developed a taste for them till I moved to Texas as it's WAYYY too hot to wear anything else here in the summer.
They are soooooo comfortable! All the surf shops here carry them....but Im a Zappos girl ;) My kids all wore them last year and I just ordered them new ones for this year.

I ordered my daughter a pair of the Yellow Box flip flops...they should be here today :)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They are soooooo comfortable! All the surf shops here carry them....but Im a Zappos girl ;) My kids all wore them last year and I just ordered them new ones for this year.

I ordered my daughter a pair of the Yellow Box flip flops...they should be here today :)
oooo! which ones?

I've never ordered from Zappos I might have to try it out :]

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I don't even think I have a favorite brand of sandal because I pretty much just love them all! I have way too many but I don't care who makes them as long as they are pretty and pink I'm happy! LOL I love flipflops!!! I can't wait to check out some of these links! Joey is going to be soooo happy you all posted this for me :D lolol

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I got her these .......

Yellow Box Timebomb Black - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways

I Love Zappos!! They have the best customer service out of anyone I know. They stand behind everything they sell. What I LOVE is I always get them the next day :)
Fun! I will check after work!

Also, my MIL and her sister LOVE the wedges, i'm a bit too tall to wear them comfortably unless we're going out or something but those are too stinkin cute!

I don't even think I have a favorite brand of sandal because I pretty much just love them all! I have way too many but I don't care who makes them as long as they are pretty and pink I'm happy! LOL I love flipflops!!! I can't wait to check out some of these links! Joey is going to be soooo happy you all posted this for me :D lolol
I know? Gary wont be happy to know i've found Zappos....we know how much I wuv sandals!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts