Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are going to a family "pot luck" tea over Easter and among other things I am taking a couple of plates of sandwiches...how exciting I know :rolleyes:

So I was wondering if anyone can suggest something really tasty and maybe a bit different to put in them? I usually just buy pre-packed sandwich fillers!
Thank you!
Barbara x

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Hi Barbara. Hey, I make this and my family and friends love it. I use wraps versus bread. In the middle of the wrap I put turkey breast (thin layers for everything), roasted red peppers, muenster cheese (any kind would work). I roll it like a jellyroll and cut it into short (1-1/2 inch) slices. It's different and they are easy to eat and yummy.

You could get creative and make salami, cream cheese and dill pickle wraps. Those are a hit also.

Maybe ham, cheese and pickles? Or chicken salad or egg salad?

I would make a plate of regular sandwiches for anyone that doesn't do the wraps and make a fplate of wraps and put them on the plate surrounded by olives and pickles for color. Easy, pretty and tasty.

3,132 Posts
My favs are roast beef, American cheese with cream cheese spread finger sandwiches! I so want bread right now.... I have to wait til Friday though, splurge day. The ones from above sound sooooo yummy!! :)

·
Banned
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you ladies for the lovely ideas, only problem is it's made me hungry and I too am craving bread now!
I think the wraps sound a good idea and I like the idea of finger sandwiches too...lovely :)

Barbara x

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
there's cream cheese/deviled ham mix...1 eight ounce package softened cream cheese..big thing of underwood deviled ham(if you like hammier then add an extra small underwood deviled ham)...pinch of sugar..dash of onion powder...dash of pepper.. and 1 tbs. mayo. mix and spread on bread..cracker..roll it up in flatbread and cut for spirals...:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts