Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had a rough morning when I first got up, family stuff. As things calmed down, realized I couldn't find Marmalade. Looked everywhere, inside and out, in the front yard though she is much to big to get under the fence without leaving a huge hole, in the garage, in closets. Totally freaked that I could lose her. Finally, I remembered she likes sleeping between my computer desk and the couch and, yep, there she was. Once I found her, then she came walking out, but until then, she was content to hide from me. What a scary feeling.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Aww so sorry it is bad when they are hiding and want come out.Ours have done that before to lol.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I did that last week with Pablo; I thought he might have followed me down into the (dark, dusty, cluttered) basement, and I was searching all over. Turns out he'd followed me into hubby's bike room/office a few minutes earlier without my knowledge and I'd shut him in there! He was sitting patiently waiting for me to quit yelling his name and come upstairs! I underestimated him - he knows he's not allowed in the basement unless there's a tornado siren going off!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I think that we have all 'thought' we lost an animal at one time or another, and it is a scary feeling, but it shows how much you care for them! I lost my cat in the house recently also, but it wasn't an easy find. He got stuck in the wall, and we had to punch a hole in it to get him out. We then had to 'cat' proof the basement lol

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
My 7 month old chi pup (Nugget RIP) got 'stuck' behind a book case. She could not turn around and was stuck for about 6-7 HOURS! We looked everywhere, in cabinets, under beds, called and rang the door bell. Not a sound out of her. Finally my roommate got down on her belly and looked under the bed, and looked the other way, and saw a tiny tip of a tail! She pulled her out, and the puppy thanked her by vomiting on her new blouse! Poor thing could not figure out all she had to do was BACK out!! I think she thought she was gonna die! Sue Davis

·
Registered
184 Posts
I know the feeling as well. Happened with my cat on moving day...finally found her sound asleep in a kitchen cabinet of all places.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Oh dear - I hate it when they do that. Bell has a habit of finding the sunniest window ledge in the house & curling up on it behind the blinds. When she first did that it took us forever to find her and scared me half to death lol!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts